Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 2/3 road, ice, fishing
Road in the the marina is good enough for a car to make it. Mud creek looked like it was plowed as well.

Ice in the bay starting to layer. There is the large layer, then a couple of inches of slush, then a couple of inches of crusty ice, and then 6 to 8 inches of Utah snow. Glad to be on a snowmobile crossing the bay. If you found a good set of tracks you could do fine on an ATV. Depending on where you fished you could get wet feet from the slush or not.

Catching was slow. Fish coming through and biting at anywhere from 6 ft to the bottom at 28 feet.

The wind came up in the afternoon taking some of the fun out of the day. Still better than being in the city or at work.
[signature]
I was up today as well. We fish Soldier Creek. One in our group had a four wheeler. Yeah, there was a little slush depending on where you went. Walking is not an issue, just find a good frozen snow mobile trail.

The road to the dam is not possible without a snowmobile or wheeler. It is drifted in pretty good now. You can, however drive to the first fork in the road that goes to the bathroom on that point. I still would recommend 4wd if you plan to do that, but it is packed, and with the right 2wd with snow tires, you could make it.

I saw over at the Soldier Creek Marina there were trucks in the parking lot. Looks like that can still be navigated by 4wd.

Fishing for 3 of us was steady. We left at 3, and caught 30+. Wind kicked up in the afternoon. Nothing caught out of the slot. Electronics are very helpful, as the fish were suspended and if a lure was put in front of them, you would get a response most all of the time.
[signature]