Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nauticman, Chick., Striper, etc., 2/7/12
Well, today I caught my third personal best in 11 days. Smallmouth, largemouth and today it was striper. Not a monster at 7 lbs. 14 oz., but it still beats my previous best by about a half pound. Yeah, I'm still looking for that 20 pounder, LOL. My son asked me to catch a 10 pounder today for the grill, but he's happy with my 8 pounder, it'll still grill nicely, I suppose. I struggled otherwise today, only catching a couple of small spots, 3 cats and about a 10 lb. drum. Everything was caught on bucktails. Still lots of bait in the CFP area. I tried one dock and one spot on a bluff for crappie with no luck. I tried some shallow water with a lipless crankbait, again, no luck.<br /><br />Enjoyed chatting with TR20bh and wbwilly who both stopped by to say hello. They had both done very well with largemouth. Talked with a couple boats with minnow fishermen, they had not done very well.<br /><br />The flow today decreased from 55K cfs to 45K cfs and the surface temp got up to 52. There was a pretty uncomfortable North wind most of the time.