Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accident on Strawberry
Accident on Strawberry Reservoir, On Jan 15, After a good Day of ice fishing, Our good friend and fellow fisherman slipped and hit his head on the ice. We had stayed later then we should have due to the fact that the fish just kept coming. Just before dusk we decided to get off the ice and one wrong step lead to the long battle we face now. It took just under 45 min for rescue crews to arrive due to the location. After being dragged nearly ¾ of a mile to the shore by his fishing buddies, Gordon received first aid and the decision was made to Life Flight him to the University of Utah. Gordon has unfortunately remained in the hospital since his accident and is now undergoing intensive rehab suffering from a traumatic brain injury. We have posted this blog to help out the Willard family in any way possible and we would like to encourage and invite you to do the same for a fellow outdoor and fishing enthusiast. You can visit face book under “Gordon R. Willard” to follow his progress, also we would like to invite anyone who like to attend to a benefit raffle and silent auction (please see the flyer below for details as well as the statement by the family). Please be safe out on the ice, have FUN, but please be safe.[inline 416860_2971338576844_1663152336_2648241_2009781467_n.jpg]

On January 15, 2012, Gordon slipped and fell on the ice while ice fishing. He was life flighted to University Hospital where his family got the terrible news that he sustained a traumatic brain injury.
While we, his family, are grateful for the progress he has made; we also realize that the journey that lay before us, especially Gordon and his wife... Brittany, is going to be a very long one.
Family and friends have asked about Gordon on a daily basis and also what they can do to help. This page has been set up to give updates on both of those things.

To make financial donations you can go to any Zions Bank and make a donation to "GORDON R. WILLARD DONATION ACCOUNT"

Donations online can be made at PayPal: [url "https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=8HK8289YVMS7U"]https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...[/url]

We thank you all for your support and prayers and ask that you keep them coming

[signature]
very Sad situation, something like that happening while your out doing such a fun and great thing,{fishing}. just another reminder that you never know what could happen out on the hard deck. be careful fellow bft'ers and tight lines.
[signature]
Ouch. Good luck and God bless, to him and his family.
[signature]
I can certainly relate to this story. I stepped out of my shack on Flaming Gorge just over a year ago and concussed myself pretty good. I had "where am I/who am I moments" for about 3 days. I don't think that I even landed at all on the back of my shoulders when I smacked the back of my head.

This year, my brother-in-law (who was with me at the time) exchanged Christmas gifts and after unwrapping them, we had a good laugh since we gave each other a set of ice cleats. I don't fish without them anymore. Live and learn.
[signature]