Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weston
I was on my way to deep creek this morning, as soon as we hit weston canyon, the roads were covered in ice. It appeared it rained last night then turned to ice, it also started snowing, after driving 25 mph for a while we decided we did not dare drive to deep creek with all the steep downhill ice covered roads. I usually make an annual ice trip to weston to get skunked! I had high hopes of finding some perch but didn't find a single one. Caught a nice bass and a nice trout. I considered it not bad for ice fishing at weston. Sorry about the jumbo picture I'm having issues posting smaller pics from my phone.
[signature]
That is a nice bass. That sucks you didn't find any nice perch they are in there. I have a hard time finding them on the ice most of the time.
[signature]
Ya we tried three different locations through out the reservoir and no perch. They seem near impossible to catch through the ice out of there, thats why I don't ice fish it a whole lot.
[signature]
That's the best bass I've seen out of there this year. Nice work! The best I found was 12". How thick was the ice? I haven't been there for over a month.
[signature]
Nice job. Weston seems difficult this year.

Windriver
[signature]
The ice was still about 12 inches thick, edges are starting to get a bit soft.
[signature]
Ice has definitely thinned since I was last there. I've pretty mu h decided Weston is not worth the effort during the winter.
[signature]