Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any updates on East Canyon, Mantua, Echo, etc?
I have been fishing just about every weekend at different spots and not really doing very well more recently. I am taking out a friend with a progressive disabling disease this weekend and would like to:
1) make sure the ice/edges are safe.
2) hopefully go to some place for him to catch fish. (suggestions on time of morning/day would be helpful)
I haven't been to these locations in a few weeks, have been watching the posts/reports but they are becoming fewer and fewer.

Any suggestions would be helpful-even if it's another lake.

Thanks
[signature]
I fished East Canyon this past weekend, there were a couple other posts as well. The ice was plenty thick the edge was good. I suspect that it may soften a little close to shore with the temps predicted this week. The fish were cruising in 12-20 feet depth. Fishing was much better early on. It slowed by 10:00 am and was almost nonexistent by noon. I fished toward the dam a couple hundred yards out from the boat ramp and 60 yards from shore. I was in 55' feet of water. As I said the fish finder showed almost all fish in the 12 to 20 foot depth. I caught mine using waxies on a rat finke below a castmaster. Hope that helps
[signature]
Thank you! I just hope my friend catches some fish!
[signature]
Fish fear me2, thank you for the advice. I followed it. We got there early, had fish immeadiately, and had a great time. Left at 10, not because of lack of biting but because my friend had Dr. Appointments in SLC. He had a great time.

Thanks again for the post.
[signature]