Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cat, the Eye, and the LMB (Jordan River Report)
I hit the Jordan to night for a little relaxation. I decided to take along my new icefishing pole along to give it a test try. I put a worm on it and heaved it out. I fished my other pole with a silver gitzit. The first fish I hooked was a 8 inch LMB! First ever in the Jordan! They must be moving down from Utah lake. The next bite I had was on the little pole. I hooked into it, and had a 8 pound channel cat on! That was the funnest cat I've ever caught, just because of the pole. The next few fish were small white bass, then the little pole got bit again. This time I hooked into a 14 inch Walleye. One heck of a night, if I can say so my self!
[signature]
Where about on the Jordan did you fish?
[signature]
I didn't think two poles were allowed on the Jordan?
[signature]
Great report. I bet that ice pole was alot of fun.What kind of pole was it?
[signature]
You are right Kent, it is not legal to use two poles on the Jordan River. I'll let you tell the kid though, he has a bit of a temper. LMAO

Good Two Poling, Kayote
[signature]
Hey Kayote,

No problem with me telling the kid, after dealing with BLM, all these months how tough can the kid be? (LOL)
[signature]
Where on the Jordan were you fishing?
[signature]
I fished it below 33rd, by the Chesterfeild canal just like usual.
[signature]
SO ARE YOU BETWEEN 33RD AND 21ST? IF SO HOW FAR?
[signature]
Hey fishnpro40,

Why don't you tell him one of your honey holes before he tells you his...

Way to go TheJensenKid15 - urban fishing can get crowded..
[signature]
Yeah, I am talken between there. About half way between there, the canal hits the river and thats where I fish. And just to clear things up, I was NOT using the two poles at the same time. By the way, here's a picture of one of the big mouth bass I caught.
[signature]
Lookie there, BAIT! He's a monster in the makin
[signature]
He's a cute little bugger, I must admit. I hope they start getten the size of their elders in Utah Lake!
[signature]
Time will tell, I haven't caught any LMB before only SMB it would be nice to see some with size.
[signature]
I went down that way last week. i was fishing on the east side of the river behind larry h miller perts warehouse where a small river comes in from the east. we caught 1 white bass 1 4" walleye and two carp.
[signature]
Thats little river is called the Mill Creek. Up higher, and even by the freeway it has some nice browns in it. That spot never has produced for me. The one I fish is acrost the river, and down the river a couple hundered yards, give or take. The water there kind of eddies and the fish all congregate there.
[signature]
Hey guys, I just got back a little while ago from the jordan again. Fished for walleye only, with a 2 jig rig. Fished my usual spot, and got 7 walleye! The biggest was 26 inches! If I woulda had a camra, he'd be going on the wall about now!
[signature]
Hey Kid,

That is some mighty fine fishing for anywhere. Great job, and thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Is that 33rd South in Westvalley? Still trying to determine where you go.

Thank's
[signature]
HAve you had any problem along there?
[signature]