Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard mid afternoon boils!!
Well my big plan was to fish Bear Lake today,but no one wanted to go so I drank a few too many brewskies last night and spaced off setting my alarm. My wife woke me up at 930 and said are you going fishing today(DOH)Since it was too late to head all the way over there I just decided to hit Willard instead,launched at the north marina at 130 headed for the lightpole cought my first wiper about 200yds NE of the lightpole in 9'headed around the bend to the south and half way between the lightpole and the SW corner i had another one on, as I was landing this one, a big old comotion was going on up closer to the shore"BOIL" so I headed over there and did some casting 4 casts 3 fish after they left I headed south a little more and there were some more I cought a couple more there and a 13"SM then they calmed down.I started trolling again and cought 4 or 5 more it was a great day on the water,calm and the water temp was 69` all fish were cought on my white double jig rig in 4-10' of water,talked to a few other boaters and they were having about the same success!!M.H.
[signature]
Great report MH, it sure is about time those wipers started boiling, how many other boats were on the water? Were there any size to the wipers? Wow a good size small mouth, that is something I haven't caught out of Willard this year, way to go. WH2
[signature]
Wh2,there were 2 other boats on the water one was a 10'flatbottom that they carried over the dike in the SW corner and the other was a 16'flat bottome and they launched were we have been,2 of them were 19" and a couple 16or17"s and the rest were around 14"and the small mouth was 12". I was going to head back down tonight but my boy has a soccer game.so hopefully thurs.or fri I will be back down!!M.H.
[signature]