Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee's Marine in Hyrum
Anyone have any experience with Lee's?

$90/hr for labor seems REALLY high.
[signature]
I thought it was $80.

I've had a little experience with them. And yeah - it dug into my pocket book purdy good, but I also got good results. I know of some other customers who stand by his work/quality/results.
Meanwhile I've also heard of some marine shops down SLC or Ogden way that folks SWEAR away from (or about).

There's a marine shop at the other end of the valley too. Just north of Smithfield. You can compare estimates.
I took my boat from Murray to Lee's and he treated me fairly and told me extactly what the process was..

He also asked me if I wanted do some of mechanical stuff to save $$ and I did -- he just ordered the parts and did the diagnostics.

You get what you pay for and Lee's a solid & truthful guy!!

Thumbs Up !!
[signature]
Lees is the only place we ever take our boat. He and his wife Dixie always treat us fair and honest. If we want something done he looks at it and tells us you don't need that done. He and his wife are straight up honest folks and we won't take our boat anywhere else.

Yes a drive but to me well worth the drive. He has a 5 star Mercury rating and theres a reason for that...customer satisfaction and quality workmanship. He continually goes to training on the latest Mercury motors and by far is TOP NOTCH and second to nobody in the state of Utah when it comes boat motors.

I've taken our boat to another place and will never GO BACK...if you want quality service Lees Marine is it.
[signature]
+1 for Lees, they know their stuff. And if it's not worth fixing they will tell ya, up front and honest. Ive been happy with their work.
[signature]
I bought a 15 hp Merc from Lee. He installed it and sent me on my way. I wasn't pleased with the torque so I went back to him. He was determined to make everything about that sale right. He actually took my boat out on the water (near by Hyrum dam) with his diagnostic tools and props. He tested its operation under normal load and settled on a different prop. Made all the difference in the world.

Then, to top it off, he let me keep the new prop at no extra charge.

Lee bends over backwards (within reason) to help his customers and is very experienced. You are in good hands with Lee.

I actually keep his phone number in my cell in case I need to talk to him while out on the water ... which has happened.

Yea, I too paid a little on the high side a couple of times but I will keep going back to Lee.
[signature]
Great! Positive reviews makes me feel better about sending him $1000 to fix my Merc.

A little background... I picked up a really nice 1981 Glastron HPV-160 bass boat last spring (pic in my gallery). She ran like a top with that 115HP "tower of power" straight six.

Anyway, after a few trips I picked up a slight hesitation consistenting around 2000-2500 RPMs. I could overcome it by feathering the choke for a second or two. I figured carbs. I left the boat with Lee to get a tune-up and a onceover.

My bill is probably gonna be close to a grand... Tough pill to swallow. But, if she runs like a raped ape when he rolls it out of the garage, I'll still be happy! Smile
[signature]
I'm lucky that Lee is just down the road a couple miles, and that he is one of the few that will work on older motors. I was pleased with the work he did on my '90 90hp evinrude after I bought a used boat last year. Actually, it was his son worked on the motor.

It was not cheap, but it came back running great. They tell you straight out what is up and you decide how to go about it. Lee will not be stingy with the info either. He has clued me in on so many things, just that I'd rather have him fix it. As I tell my wife regarding many things that I'll pay for to have done - I have little skill and less interest.
[signature]
Lee's does more in that one hour than most shops in 4 hours. Great service, not cheap but always done correctly.
[signature]