Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's go fishing
I have time off Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The fishermen who have expressed interest in going after the sturgeon, have indicated that they have previous committments on those days. Anyone up for a sturgeon fishing trip? If so, please send me a private message. If you can't do all three days, but can do two of them, send me a PM and perhaps I will end up just going two days. PS -- I can help with the tackle.
[signature]
approximatly how much will it cost? just curious
[signature]
An Idaho non-resident license is $10.50 the first day and $4.00 each day thereafter. Gas for Suburban and boat will run a total, for all of us, of $80 to $120. Only other expense is night crawlers, and your food. If someone wants to go, and can't afford it right now, I have an easy installment plan (if they can at least purchase their own license).
[signature]
You are really tempting me ! I will get back with you tommorrow.
[signature]
are you going up this week?
[signature]
I am leaving early this Friday morning and coming home late Saturday evening.
[signature]
Sounds like a good time,I wish I could make it.Mabey next time.good luck M.H.
[signature]
have to work so i cannot make it this week but i am interested in going sometime.
[signature]
So far, over 15 fellow fishermen have expressed interest to me in going after the white sturgeon. Because of the expense involved, the fishing will slow down soon until next spring, I need to get back after the mackinaws at Bear Lake and Flaming Gorge, I would like to get back up to Strawberry and catch those large trout with minnows, and that terrible four letter word ("work"), I'm not sure whether or not I will make it back up to Idaho after the sturgeon again this year. All I can say to those of you who have shown interest, keep in touch, and if at all possible don't pass up any opportunities to go. BTW - I am heading out at 4:15 tomorrow morning, pick up a fellow fisherman on the way, and there is still room for one more to go -- if anyone else is interested in joining us.
[signature]
Come on guys! I know you want to go with us, get friday off and lets catch some big fish. I don't know about anyone else but I consider this a once in a lifetime trip. I find it funny that people pay thousands to go up to Alaska to catch 30 lb salmon when you can only spend a couple hundred bucks to catch 100 lb+ fish right next door.
[signature]
icthys I like your style -- because we haven't discussed how much this is going to cost you. Note -- see what I wrote above -- at least on my charter boat -- you won't need a couple hundred dollars, and I will pick you up and deliver you back to your house (well at least if you are on the way).
[signature]
What??? This is going to cost me? Wink
[signature]
Sure wish I could go but this year is out of the question. Thanks for putting the invite out for the whole board.

Maybe next year.
[signature]