Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winder reservoir
First time I have fished Winder in years was today. Caught at least 50 Perch, the biggest being about 4 inches. I really didn't think it was possible to hook something the size of a goldfish, but I proved myself wrong many times today. Before this storm you could get there in a car with no problems. I really don't think I will be going back!
The most amazing thing was is when I was ready to go I took a few of the bigger ones hoping for a taste of Perch and kicked the others back down the hole. They all swam away like nothing had ever happened, even after laying on the ice for over two hours!
Oh by the way the ice was really good 6 to 8 inches and the edges were still easy to get on.
[signature]
Nice report. Where is Winder?
[signature]
To get to Winder reservoir, you go north from Preston on highway 91 about 7 miles. You will pass a church house off the road to the west of the highway, go about another 1/2 mile and there will be a sportsmans access sign pointing to the east. Stay on that road for a mile and a half. If you keep going on that road you will come out half way up the riverdale hill on highway 36.

42°10'45.67"N 111°52'37.50"W
[signature]
Went to winder on the 20th. And it was just what you said. Full of itsy bitsy perch. I think the biggest one we pulled out was no bigger than 5 inches and that's at the biggest. And caught one rainbow that was about 12 inches the perch were deep that we were catching right up next to the dam the action was fast and fun. Caught them all on a size 12 hook with a small chunk of nightcrawler the trout came on a sherbet color power bait.. it was fun but kinda a pain in the but because the second I would drop the line down the hole about 30 foot around the dam didn't realize winder was that deep any way second hit bottom there was another perch on. No in-between time.. ice was 5/6 inches by the dam edges seemed fine. Roads are slick from the typical mud in that area
Tried fishing shallower and couldn't find any. .
[signature]