Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good rod and reel?
Need a good SPINNING reel and rod for perch, bass and crappie, no baitcasters either, any suggestions?
[signature]
How much do you want to spend for good?
[signature]
The Fenwick Eagle GT's are a good inexpensive rod to start with and the Shimano AX or FX spinning reels are a good reel for the money.
I saw a site called beat the big box boys that has them for a great price. You can probably get a combo put together for about $50.00.
Good luck.
[signature]
Looking to spend 100 dollars at most
[signature]
Baspro has a Shimano combo for $99.00. I have the Sedona Reel, its a fair reel by shimano standards. Always had good luck with Basspro rods. get a 6 1/2ft med or med/heavy rod.
[signature]
Hey Mat,I have a Daiwa Regal,older version in blue,I just saw one on amazon,for 44.95-54.95,its a nice reel,only thing I notice is the bail is a bit close to the spool,it sometimes makes it tricky to open quickly,as I like to cast contantly,sometimes in a hurry even,but I really enjoy it.I got it from my buddy used but for free,make sure whatever you get make sure to stick by the recommended line to prevent premature damage to the clutch,
foot, support arm, and gear box housing.Paulpro knows fishing like Bo Jackson knew baseball[Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]