Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Opinion on these Spinners?
Has anyone used Booyah Spinners? I was thinking about picking a few up. The larger blade on the one i was looking (willow style) at has a fish pattern on one side, and regular gold on the other, have you guys used these spinners at all?

Any other spinners that have worked well for you for a broad range of fish?
[signature]
I use the booyah top water buzz baits for lmb and have had success with them. Haven't used them much recently but when I used them allot I had great luck on the large mouth.
[signature]
They are good ones but they are all about the same. It really comes down to how much you want to spend. I like the Rippin' Lips spinnerbaits and the can't remember the brand name but have a titanium wire that doesn't bend easily. A good bass will do a good job of tweaking the wire regardless.
For me it's color, weight, type of blades and cost are the factors. They are a good search bait but not something I like to throw for more than an hour so.
[signature]
What do you usually chuck out in cold weather (this time of year)
[signature]
[quote Kyle_lauchie]What do you usually chuck out in cold weather (this time of year)[/quote]

Snowmelt.
[signature]
Strike King is a good brand and cheap too. White bass and smallmouths like them!
[signature]
The Booyahs and Strike Kings are good, but probably my all time favorite spinnerbait would have to be River2sea's Crystal Spin. The 3/8oz double willow in chartreuse shad caught me a ton of bass last year. I like the realism of the heads and the subtle skirt colors for the clear water I usually fish. The hooks are also longer, negating the need for a trailer hook most of the time. They're on the pricey side, but you can find sales on ebay sometimes that make them cheaper. I also recently got some Lucky Craft Redemption spinnerbaits and I really like them too. They're even more expensive, but sometimes you can get deals on ebay with these as well. They are really compact for their size which I like, and once again the heads and skirts are great. The other thing I like about both of these baits is the super sharp black nickel hooks.

Spinnerbaits have kind of fallen out of favor lately, but they really are versatile baits if one is willing to do more than just chunk and wind with them.
[signature]
We use the Booyah chatter bait early spring for the wipers at Willard. Lots of action when trolled.
[signature]
I have used these spinners for years. Bass love them, and last summer, I found out the muskie do too.

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-La...0121/43488
[signature]
Today I threw jigs, spinnerbaits,chatterbaits,cranks,plastics, grubs and caught nothing but a good time on the lake. It was a great to feel some sunshine on my face and get out of the office.
I'm no expert on spinnerbaits but I like the big single colorado blade on 1/2 oz. head this time of year. Low and slow, let it thump.
[signature]
Quote:Today I threw jigs, spinnerbaits,chatterbaits,cranks,plastics, grubs and caught nothing but a good time on the lake. It was a great to feel some sunshine on my face and get out of the office.

Not a thing wrong with that! I have a much better time not catching a fish on the water than not catching a fish while stuck at home, work, or class.
[signature]
They're definitely great for deep water structure fishing in cold water. The Strike King Bottom Dwellers are pretty cool for that too if you want to go with more flash and less vibration.
[signature]
[quote fsh4fun05] Today I threw jigs, spinnerbaits,chatterbaits,cranks,plastics, grubs and caught nothing but a good time on the lake. It was a great to feel some sunshine on my face and get out of the office.
I'm no expert on spinnerbaits but I like the big single colorado blade on 1/2 oz. head this time of year. Low and slow, let it thump.[/quote]Office? Company man now?[Wink]
[signature]