Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishcat?
I've got a SFC for my personal use and was thinking about buying another for a backup or for taking friends along, but for the price difference......I'm thinking of getting a Fishcat as a spare tube.
Anybody have a Fishcat and/or how do they compare to the SFC?
Thanks,
Boz
[signature]
I have had a Fish Cat for quite a few years now. It is a good, well made tube. The main difference is that it is a little smaller than the SFC....and cost of course. It still has plenty of floatation for me, a battery, and motor.
[signature]
I have been using a FishCat for a few years. It has always worked well for me. Light compact, easy to load or carry. Only complaint I had was the small storage space and the weight capacity. I weigh 225 lbs, and with the motor, battery, rod holders and such, I was pushing the weight capacity. I always felt safe in though. You could do worse than a Fish Cat. I just switched to a Super Fat Cat myself.
[signature]
I like my FC4 a bunch. If I am not going to cover much water like my favorite crappie spot I take the FC4. I have done some river floats with it and if the water is not rough it is a great boat to do lazy river floats with. Ron
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The FC4 is a good choice for a secondary or backup tube. About the only time it will not work well for any of your family or friends will be when they are of large girth. I generally recommend that anyone over 200 pounds not buy them for their personal use...or borrow them either. They will still float you but a Fat Cat will float you higher and with more space for your "broad beam".[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks!
Great point TD. Most of my friends and fishin' partners are little people.
I on the other hand, am of the larger variety. Close to 6' 2" and (hopefully) on the way down from 290 so the SFC is a must.
I'll have to "weigh things out", no pun intended, because if I need a backup, a Fishcat won't do. On the other hand, if I pick up another SFC, both myself AND the little people can use it.
Time to go shopping.........
Boz
[signature]
I have had Fish Cat 4s for many years. I feel it is a better tube for my purpose than the much touted Fat Cat.
When I pull my Fat Cat down from storage this season ,I'll be quite some time getting the one piece bladder situated properly in the cover. I had to remove it to find a couple tiny leaks from thorns from fishing locust tree tops in 30+ feet of water.
The fish Cat4s, one other hand, have always been simple for me to install.
I have many more problems with thorn punctures in the larger one piece bladder. I hope to pare enough weight this season to get back in my much favored 4. Illinoisgiller
[signature]
I use my fish cat as my backpacking tube it gets the job done. Being 6'0 and right at the weight limit of 250 it gets me around but not a ton of room. But for backpacking and back country floating it gets the job done well.
[signature]