Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
walmart
So any one else notice Walmart is starting to carry high end fishing equipment. I went in there to stock up on some hunting gear and decided to grab a few things from the fishing isle as well. And noticed skeet Reese rod and reels they have veritas rods vendettas rods and others that go well past 100$ one was 189.00 bucks. Kinda blew me away to see things like this in Walmart. Also there lures are starting to get better also. The rapala selection there spinners by booyah are there trokar hooks. Just some things that didn't seem like I would encounter in Walmart. And there was no price differens between them and say sportsman's also kinda cracked me up to see. They have a waist system for deep sea fishing as well as the rod and reels there. Any one else notice Walmart has started to reach more variety of us anglers.
[signature]
Having sold a major brand into Walmart, you should be aware that many goods are not the same as you might buy in a proshop. Walmart pays a licensing fee to use the licensees name for many of their branded products and then has them made to their own specifications. Since they aren't always the same as the original product the warranty and the quality may be Walmart and not the original mfg.
[signature]
Ours use to carry a lot of good stuff . but has went down hill for the last few years. I think what they carry in certain stores is determent to the person running that section. they had a deal on 12 foot ugly sticks a few years back for 39.00 and they didnt last long. lures are very competitive But sportsman's here has then beat by a few cents.
[signature]
I really don't like wal mart! It seems their marketing directors are trying to oust yet another industry. I know wal mart is convenient, but please support your local shops run by avid anglers that dont import everything from china
[signature]
please support local shops...the service is better and quality of products MUCH better. info about local events, and the pleasantries of yacking it up with a fellow outdoorsperson makes the experiance a kinder and more human transaction! whether im making a large purchase, stopping in to refill on hooks etc.or browse for a while, my choice is clear,and i hope that small shop stays in business for years to come...long live human contact.
[signature]
Walmart is one of the title sponsors for FLW so it makes sense for them to actually carry good fishing gear.
[signature]
I generally do support our local shops. Just happen to be in Walmart and everything else was closed so it was convenient. Generally speaking I hate going to Walmart because its always packed full of idiots. And the price isn't any different for most of the items. And also any one ever scene the trout worms at Walmart? They say we guarantee to catch you trout. There just small night crawlers. And they sell worms with an accent Canadian "A"
[signature]
Walmart sucks. They are a borderline sweatshop. They say they provide insurance to their employees. The way they provide insurance to their employees is by getting them the forms and paperwork to get them on state assisted insurance at no cost to Walmart! About 1 in 25 emplyees at walmart is actually full time and recieving company benefits. They may have some low prices, but once they monoploize and shut all the smaller stores down, they'll rule the show and their prices will skyrocket.
[signature]
I remember when they were putting in the south Logan Walmart and they were making a big deal about the fly shop they were going to have in the store. What a joke. All they have are some really crappy flies, no material or much of anything else. They don't know anything either. They had reports for reservoirs talking about species that don't even live in them. And yes, their business practices are abysmal.
[signature]
Try getting the right answers at Wal-Mart fishing section. What a joke.
[signature]