Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to fish Strawberry/Soldier Creek with snowmobile?
I have the opportunity to fish Strawberry/Soldier Creek this Saturday using a snowmobile. Because I usually am only able to ice fish as far as my legs will carry me, I am not as familiar with the hot spots to try further away. I have several areas that I believe would hold fish, but if anyone has gone recently, using a snowmobile or four wheeler, and is willing to share any tips on locations, please send me a PM.

Thanks
[signature]
You know, Kent, I think you would have much more success if you fished with an ice rod and a reel with line on it and not a snowmobile.[Image: happy.gif] OR you should use a tube jig with some sucker meat on it. A snowmobile would need far too large of a hook.[Image: bobwink.gif]

I can only send these zingers on Leap Day - every 4 years is plenty.
[signature]
You're probably right. BTW -- how did our trip go up there, my memory of the trip is a little fuzzy.[Wink] Halfeimers is hell.
[signature]
Sometimes snowmobiles make excellent augers, but alas, the holes that they make are too big to be legally fished though.
[signature]
Just claim it's open water. LOL
[signature]
I did well there, for me. You only caught 80, which is not so hot for you. At least it's an easy number to remember - your age, my IQ. Don't you remember?[laugh]
[signature]
Me and the Warrior Princess fished Chicken creek East Sunday. 2' of ice no slush. Best action was in 17' of water 2 small rainbows, 1 18" rainbow, slotter cutt, crawdad. Left late afternoon and headed southwest across what I believe is Jakes bay hit a piece of polished ice laid sled on side at about 60 with grand caravan towed behind. Got lucky and walked away. Moral of story avoid all grey patches as they are usually slush monster. Fishing was steady not fast. Bites were extremeley lite. All fish were caught on #8 green rat finkees tippes with wax worm18" above various gitzits and rattle spoons.
[signature]
[quote MrLipripper]

I did well there, for me. You only caught 80, which is not so hot for you. At least it's an easy number to remember - your age, my IQ. Don't you remember?[laugh]

[/quote]

It is starting to come back, yep that was one of my slower days at Strawberry.[Wink]
[signature]
if you are going to solider creek becareful i helped pull 2 sleds out 2 weeks ago. The ice starts to get thin towards the narrows from the SC boat ramp and across to the damn be very CAREFUL
[signature]
You know all the good spots during open water. I would guess that fish would hold there under the ice. But maybe not.

Find a map that shows the warm springs that are in the reservoir and then fish those areas. There should be warmer water there that attract the fish. There is one just southeast of East Portal and we did good there a couple of weeks ago. ATV's were iffy getting there with snow and slush but your sleds will do it for sure. Here is a pic of the first big one thru the ice for me in years.
[signature]