Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake - KSL
Anyone read this?

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=19440585...featured-3

I don't know too much about Utah Lake, but then again, I am not from around here. I have never fished it either, unfortunately. But I found this interesting.
[signature]
I read that this afternoon. Those 40's pictures that are in color are amazing! I would like to know when those guys are getting together to take a load of carp, that looked like something that would be fun to sit and watch. I'm actually tempted to hit that area tomorrow and try and hook up a few carp on the fly rod, since I haven't been able to locate them this season.

Also, that is the first June Sucker I've ever seen come out of the lake. Kind of worried me though, as I've hooked a few suckers in the Jordan that I assumed were Utah Suckers -- chopped them up into bait -- but looking back, man they sure looked like Junies... /hide
It would be fun to watch them do that. And it is a crazy amount of carp. And yeah, that is an ugly fish. How did you like the "Eat the Carp" poster from 1911? I like how it says "It can be cooked in such a way as to remove the muddy taste."
[signature]
Ya, I was looking for the disclaimer: * must soak carp in raw feces for upto 24 hours to maximize flavor.
Thanks for the link. I have fished the lake for years and not known that alot of the things listed existed. I found it very interesting. Thanks again.
[signature]
I think they already tried soaking it in feces clear into the 60's. Heck I grew up with that lake in view of my house and have caught tons of fish and made tons of memories going back generations in my family. But the number one mentioned thing when talking with others about Utah lake is always the raw sewage being dumped in there. Either way I fish it and although its been dirty and abused me and my fishing friends and family will continue to fish there.
[signature]
Notice the release method of that big junie homeboy does? Makes me wonder if some fed will see these pictures and have a talk with them about how they are handling a protected species.
Or probably not.
Did it hurt the fish? Doubtful. I'm sure it is still swimming around doing sucker stuff.
I'm just sayin is all....
[signature]
Might wanna look again. I don't think that is a Junie. Looks exactly like a Channel Catfish to me.
[signature]
If one works their way through the "Photo Gallery", at that link, there are a couple pictures of a June Sucker.
[signature]
The first pic IS a channel cat, but one of the last pics is a pretty good sized junie.
[signature]
Troutbumdave if you find any carp give a report please. I want to hook into a few carp on the fly rod soon!
[signature]
I had only looked at the first 8 pictures. My bad.
[signature]
Got into the carp today on the north side of Lindon Marina. That is, I was surrounded by them and they were jumping all over the place, but I couldn't hook them on any pattern I was throwing. I tried every color I had. They seemed more interested in making big splashes and scaring the shit out of me than actually eating. Stupid carp.

Trying again tomorrow.