Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat wouldnt start
I tried taking the boat out today on utah lake. Unfortuntley it wouldnt start. So Im looking for someone who may want to trade my tile work for fixing of my boat. It is a early 70's glaspar with a 60 hp evinrude outboard motor. It clicked when key was turned but would not turn over, I live in davis county but will come to you if needed. If interested or would like to give me an estimate let me know.
[signature]
I had the same problem a few years ago make sure your battery is fully charged check your cables make sure they arent rusted out also check your starter see if the oin has rust on it.. Cost me $60 for a boat mechanic to lubricate it i could have done it with a $3 can of wd40 lesson learned.
[signature]
Awesome I will try it I think it is the starter or something elictrical. Thanks for the idea! [cool]
[signature]
Definitely sounds electrical. Bad connection, low battery charge, starter, or starter solenoid. Good luck.
[signature]
Yeah I know its not the battery its pretty new and I had it on the charger the day before, will just have to see.
[signature]
I wouldn't completely discount the battery. You might take it in to Checker and have them test it (it's free). It's too simple of a thing to not try if you can't figure anything else out.
[signature]
yep, sounds electrical check battery connections if you are using wing nuts for connections at the battery get rid of them and use nuts and lock washers. I see a lot of problems with those wing nuts people think finger tight is good enough, it's not.
[signature]
If it goes click click click when you try to turn it over it's probably a bad connection or the battery. If you just get one click then the starter is bad.
[signature]
I think I figured it out, it looks like the wires connecting to the battery were bad, so I went to get new terminals and we should be good, I got it to start playing with the wires. Thank you all for the help.
[signature]