Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New streamer techniques
Hey guys Im wanting to learn to use streamers better this year. Ive done a lot of dry fly fishing and a little nymphing but I want to learn to use streamers better. Can you help me out and just tell me the best techniques you guys use that produce the most fish
[signature]
I love throwing leeches and slump busters right up against undercut banks and other cover. Put some weight on and vary your retrieve. Sometimes I strip them in very slow and sometimes I pull them in quickly. Try it out!

http://www.charliesflyboxinc.com/flybox/...arentID=37
[signature]
All techniques work on a given day. Pick one technique and work it for a half hour and every ten minutes change colors. At the end of the half hour change techniques and repeat the same three colors. Black then white then olive.

At the risk of being rude... just throw them across and strip/retrieve them back.

It will help if you tell us where you fish and what gear you currently own.

Oh and check youtube for videos you will never get through them all.
[signature]
[quote TyF1y]I love throwing leeches and slump busters right up against undercut banks and other cover. Put some weight on and vary your retrieve. Sometimes I strip them in very slow and sometimes I pull them in quickly. Try it out!

http://www.charliesflyboxinc.com/flybox/...arentID=37[/quote]

That Sump Buster is a HEAVY fly.. Tungsten cone AND lead wrapping...do you do both?
[signature]
I thought those slump buster are heavy until I received my bass flies I ordered through Angler's den. They're basically flipping jigs. It should be interesting to use them down in Texas. I'll have to make sure to wear saftey glasses or something Smile
[signature]
In my case, a Helmet!
[signature]
I've got a sage 9 ft rod 5 wt I believe. I like I fish the middle Provo and the lower. I fish a lot of ponds and lakes to.
[signature]
Maybe we should have a streamer Throwing Saturday.

Anyone up for it?
[signature]
I would be interested in a little get together depending on the date.
[signature]
I'll start a new thread... Look for Streamers This Sunday.
[signature]