Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelican Lake
Has anyone been to Pelican Lake lately? Was thinking about hitting it over UEA. Is it to cold to camp there?
[signature]
Icefool,

It's not too cold to camp. It's been pushing 80 in the Basin. I think a cold snap is coming though. The gills have been slow, and if the cold hits they'll shut down completely. Bass fishing has been better, but it's slowing down too. The water level is very low. You can't launch anything at the ramp but very small boats, and they must be pushed over the mud flat (perfect for kayaks hehehe). I'm done at Pelican till the ice sets up. The ice comes on early at Pelican and the first few weeks is the best ice fishing of the season. If you havn't ice fished it, you should plan on it. Some of the best fishing is through the ice. I often catch my biggest largemouth of the year through the ice there, and I bass fish it a lot. Good luck to you.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Thanks for the info Kayote. I probably will wait until it ices over. It is a bit of a drive for me but I have heard that ice fishing is good there.Let me know if you would when it ready to fish this winter.
[signature]