Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curado vs. Revo SX
For those who use bait casting reels which would you prefer and why? Both these reels are the same cost I just want to get some opinions before I purchase one.

Open to other recommendations also if they have supporting reasons as to why.
[signature]
Love my curado 200 e7! Bad @ss reel... Reel is smooth and forgiving when a backlask occurs. Only revo i have is the revo toro 60 5:4:1 which is a muskie reel. I also have a curado 300e which is a reel i use for muskies and bass. You cant go wrong with either one! Sorry i know this didnt answer your question but nice choice of 2 great reels
[signature]
I don't own a Revo but I would add another Curado before I got a Revo. Great reels, real comfortable, lightweight, easy to adjust, backlashes are minimal and easy to get out if I do.
[signature]
I would suggest the Curado E and I emphasize the E models and not the new G models. I bought a new G model and was disappointed when it came. They cheapened it up a bit. I'd go on EBAY and find a new or slightly used E5 or E7.

Here a link to an article on the subject. Obviously, I bought before reading the article.

[#ff0000]Sorry links to sites with forums not allowed.[/#ff0000]

Roman
[signature]
I've got the revo sx but no curado. It's a sweet reel and haven't had any problems. I think my next reel will be a curado to add to the mix. I keep finding more rods and next thing ya know I'm 2 down in reels to rods. I'm a believer in 'ya get what ya pay for' when it comes to reels and both are top notch.
[signature]
I just got a Curado e7 and like it quite a bit although it's not as good as the Curado I bought 2 years ago. All said and done though, it's a solid reel and well made and cast like a dream.
[signature]
Curado for sure, I own both abu and shimano and both reels perform great, but I have always been partial to shimano. Oh ya and get the left handed reel, I have never quite understood why you would cast with your right hand then switch the pole to your left hand to reel with your right.
[signature]
+1 million!!
[signature]
I have the Revo S and the Revo SX, I like them both, they have never given me any problems but I have never used the Curado.

I second the left hand crank. I dont know why you would cast and then switch hands to crank.
[signature]
I have 5 different Revo's and love them! My Revo premier is the best reel I've ever thrown. I just don't like the feel of the Curado's but have buddy's that love them. It's really a personal preference.
[signature]
I am in the process of selling all my Curados for Revos. I have 6 SX and 1 STX. The Curados were good once. I'm selling one E7 two Curado D series (silver finish). Both D series are 5:1 so great for big crank baits and slow rolling spinnerbaits. Buying more Revos for sure. I used to be a Shimano loyalist but found a whole lot better options out there, so I am re-tooling

HM
[signature]
I'm a shimano guy so I say go with the curado. I agree with pvdude. The new G series is not the same quality as the D or E series. From what I understand, the new style Chronarch is basically the old curado at a higher price point. So that's what I would be comparing to the Revo.

My brother in law got a revo and he will being going back to Shimano for his next reel. He is probably the best bass fisherman I know so I trust his opinion.
[signature]
I just recently got a Shimano Citica 2012. Pretty decent reel and a tad cheaper than the Curado or Revo.

Just something to consider!
[signature]
Thanks for all you input. I took the easy way out. I just got one of both so I can see which ones I prefer to use in the future.
[signature]
Good move...
[signature]
big baller! lol jk

test em out and let us know what you think
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]I couldn’t agree more. I am sold on Abu reels. I started with the Abu Torno and have worked up to the Revo Premier and have to say it is one of the best throwing reels out there. Abu’s drag system, in my opinion is the best out there in baitcasting reels. I also throw a Abu Skeet Reese that is a close second. I am saving all my pennies to pick up a Revo MGX to add to my list of Abu reels. [/font]
[signature]
What y'all think about bass pro's reels? I don't have any of them but hear they're good.
[signature]
I own a Revo SX, STX and Curado D model. The Curado is more "user friendly" but once you get those Revo's dialed in they're quite nice. Out of the Three I prefer the SX. What I would really like to get my hands on are the new Lews reels. They look quite nice.
[signature]
Old style Curado, I own two.
[signature]