Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yellburt, bennett lake, bass, 3-8-12, alone.
played hooky from work today to pre-fish for the road-tec tx coming up this sat..them boys have been on me to fish with every since i hired in last year. they are a great bunch of guys. an i dont thing they have a thing to worry about sat.. i put in this morning knowing the wind would get up but i thought well i will be able to fish.i did manage 3 bass with two of them being keepers . not heavy enough to help out in a tx. let me tell you something the wind an my flat bottom does not like each other..it got so bad the water was coming over the front deck. when this started i headed to the ramp...when i got there water was rushing over the floating dock. just to tie the boat up was a job..an i knew that i had to get the trailer in the water an fast..the trailer was no problem..but putting the boat on it was pure.....h--l.but i did hit it on the second try, but it was up on the side of the skids an not flat..whats i redneck to do...i bailed out an picked the boat up to level it out...no way that dam boat aint got no place to grab hold of. finally i saw a piece of drift wood that i used to pry the boat on to the boards.. man was i sweating... all worked out well i guess...i will fix that board so it want swivel anymore...water was 54 to 55 degrees. looking forward to fishing the tx sat..then it in the closet with all them heavy bass rods an reels.. LOOK OUT CRAPPIE, HERE I COME. emoUSA oh yes i forgot to mention what i caught the fish on... it was a pink an purple popping bug... emoUSA <br />