Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay yesterday 3/10/12
Wife and I had to take the "old" boat out for one last "hurrah" in it before I go get the new one. Anyone in the market for a tri-hull fishing machine??!! Dwn riggers, gas kicker, elect troller, locater, etc...105hp Chrysler...anyway....Water was glass calm and about 34 in the harbor at launch. We trolled all the way from the N marina to the S marina by way of freeway bay and to the W corner. Had on btm bouncers, rapalas, perch killer (my own name for the lure) and NOTHING until we came back by the S marina on the way in. Caught a 3# cat on the btm bouncer and harness in green. That was it for the day! Beatiful fishing and weather, just not good catching. Stellar day tho!!![fishin]
We tried going slow, fast, S curves, strt lines, deep, shallow, side planer, everything! Wow....that lake only gives up it's BOUNTY when it wants to!! We spent some extra time at the mouth of the S marina hoping for a big female wally, but that was not to be. There were no fish on the locator for most of the day, until we hit freeway bay on the way in...there were suspended fish EVERYWHERE, hence the wiper lures... and STILL NOTHING!!! WOW!! Musta been shad![Image: happy.gif][Image: beaten.gif]
Water warmed to a balmy 38 by the time we left at 5.
GREAT DAY FISHING !!
Goodbye my dear "old" boat...you served me WELL!!![:/]
[signature]
You have it on ksl or do you hae pics and a price?
[signature]
Hadn't really thought of that yet...still in shock of getting a brand new one! I would almost hate to be the one buying it from me...cuz I will be "checking in" from time to time on the new owner (whoever that might be) to see that they're not abusing it. Kinda like selling your dog of 6 yrs to someone...ya wanna make sure they don't abuse it!
[signature]