Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Say AL who's your daddy?
[center]well Al here it is,,, number 4, can you count to four? that's 4 master angler patches for 2003[/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=985;][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=986;][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=987;][/center] [center][/center] [center]using a JB 50 crankbait from Extremelures.com (watch for thier banner on the top or side pannals.)[/center] [center][/center]
[signature]
just look what that lure haulled in this afternoon. I no sooner his the water with my first cast and I had a first cass bass, only 11 inches. but know what that means when you get the first cast bass. eather it is going to be a hot day of fishing or your finished just as soon as you let this one go.......

the perch did not want to partisipate today but bouy did them gills want to get in on the action. all 25 gills on that pan 8 - 9 and the big ten inch.....

wore me out just carrying them home.
[signature]
WAY TOO GO DAVE.....WHERE YOU FISHING..ILL BE THE GUY IN THE WHITE SPECTRUM RIGHT NEXT TOO YOU ...HAHAHAHAHAHAA OH LONEHUNTER WILL BE WITH ME TOO ...HEHEHEHEEHE
[signature]
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

and a yippe ki -yaaa tooo !

congrats dave ! awsome ! 4 ma patches , thats the most i have heard anyone getting in one year ! that in itself must be a michigan record !

your gonna need a bigger fish fry skillet ![cool]
[signature]
I dont think it is a record, I still have to sen in the green sunfish and now this one. when I showed the green sunfish pic to a dnr officer he said he though it was a gill, well here is a picture of a gill so now I can send in both so they can see the color differances. the green sunfish is a pale green almost aquamrean in color.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=987;]

10 inch gill walled lake

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=993;]

9 1/4 inch green sunfish huron river

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1014;]

9 1/2 inch green sunfish huron river

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1013;]

11 inch rock bass Pettybone lake

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1015;]

36 inch common carp Huron river

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=117;]

three 30 inch carp Kent lake 4th of July
[signature]
I caught this one standing on shore the shore of walled lake in the town of walled lake along with twentyfour of its buddies 8 - 9 inhes. I realy didnt know I had him till I grabbed the biggest fish in the pile for a picture.

I used the fry pan for my measuring tool. I thought it added a nice touch lol
[signature]
well I just checked the state record and if excepted my 9 1/4 and 9 1/2 inch green sunfishes will be in first and second place

the 10 in gill is just an entry, 12 inch is in the leade

11 in rock bass is just an entry 15 inch is in the lead

30 inch carp, I did not even enter because I already have a bigger one entered prior to catching these, (dont ya just hate when you set the bar ten miles high for your self? [sly] )

36 inch carp is running tied for second place for the moment, 37 inch is in the lead
[signature]
ya know , ya aughta send out your own press release or contact to your local paper or the freep /dnews about this , angler obtaines several awards in local lakes .

ya just might get your mug on the sports page with your bigfish shirt and hat on !

congradulations dave , you the daddy !
[signature]
I KNOW A SPOT IN THE WOODS DOWN IN MONROE WHERE YOU CAN BEAT THAT CARP RECORD AT !

GOTTA BE THERE IN THE SPRING THOU , THATS WHEN THERE N THERE MAKING WHOOPIE !
[signature]
I just might do that, [Wink]
[signature]
I was just looking at the scores at the state fish site, I see now I am in a three way tie for second place for the common carp..... man the compitition is getting close lol....
we might have to call you "patches" the clown ! lol !
[signature]
I am puttin the two greens and the one blue in the mail tomarow. got the applications all filled out, went down and got pictures developed and droped off another roll of film, I wonder what is on that one? no telling what kind of monster gill I got on there. that is some thing I thought I would never be dooing mailing in a school of master angler submitions.... I wont be sending in the three 30 inchers cause I sent in the bigger one in first.

any way I went down to wallmart and got me a minner trap. I am going after some crappies befor snow fall. I want to get in on that one while I am at it. I cant remember if I pulled in a 14 incher last winter, I know I pulled in a bunch of bigguns. any way I got me a trap for 7 smackers, and the lady wanted to charge me double for the trap. when she told me the price I had to take a couple double takes. then I had to ask why my bill was so much. she showed me the bill and I told her she got me down twice for the minow trap. she replyed that is because you have two traps. and I replied that I only had one trap. she grabbed the bag and pulled it out and said see two traps, and I said no, look again, one trap, look closer. so she tryed to pull them apart and found the store security tag holding them together. lol, she still wasnt to sure about it but finaly removed the second trap off the bill.

I'd go out tomarow but they are calling for 40 mile an hour winds. I guess I will play it by hat, I will step out side and if the wind blows my hat off I pull a ground howg and turn around and go back in side.
ah haa haa ! ya should have paid the bill and then showed her the mistake , you get your money back plus another $5.00 under michigan's scanner law .

i had the same thing happen at k-marts . bought some shrink tubes for the bow rest , .89 cents . she charged me three bucks for it . i went over to the service cunter and they paid me five bucks plus 10% of my total bill !

each store varies on the reward for catching there mistakes , but the $5.00 is for anything your overcharged on . if your overcharged on anything by over five bucks it goes on a percentage basis plus the five smackers .

so where's that top secret fishing hole at anyway ? lol !
[signature]
well I did not want to get her in trouble for not knowing that a minow trap comes in two pieces and not one. she honestly did not know. jobs are hard enough to come by these days and with the holidays comming up, she realy dosnt need the added agrivation. it dose go against her record if you turn them in. I would rather she know that a minow trap has two pieces than cost her another notch in her getting fired.

in other words I beleive it to be an honest mistake. no harm no foul...

as to the local of the secreat hole, ya are just going to have to come on over and fish with me a spell and hope they co-operate the day you come out.... I will be looking for a 14 inch perch and crappie for patches number 5 & 6.

I am hoping to get them before the contest is over, I like the idea of having master angler size species entered in on the contest 16 pic contest. They may not be the biggest fish in the contest they still are award winning fish in their own rights.

it would be nice to get a small and large mouth along with a lake trout.

say didnt you get a angler size fish this year?
[signature]
yep , but i haven't sent it in yet , i think it's because i cought a bigger one during the spring at the foote . i'm sure that one was a state record . i thought i had a huge steelhead on till i netted it . i was still thrilled , i knew that puppy couldn't be beat ! as soon as my back was turned for a moment some guy grabed it up and tossed it back in .

good deal on the scanner thing dave , your a good joe ! mine was done by the computer . most people pay without matching there recipt to the items . some stores do this all the time . i don't know the exact percentage of people that are overcharged on purchases , but i remember that people could cut there losses by 30 % by checking there recipts in most volume purchases .

i'm still waiting for some pearch to come active , it's been slow for them to get on the bite around here .
[signature]
wow AL you seem to be taking a beating today, I saw you just got bumped from third to forth in the species contest. welcome to the club, I got bumped last week from forth to fith... lol

Mike sure is puttin the push on the fishing thing these last few days....[cool]
what ? MICHIGAN'S MASTER ANGLER (with the patches to prove it as well ) bumped !

no way ! i'm bareley in line for one of these awards !

i'm buying the coffee and donuts ! you just can't beat four awards !
[signature]
NICE JOB DAVE KEEP THOSE PICS COMING.
[signature]
ya want to know the funny part about it is, if I lined up all the gills I caught this summer end to end, I'd woop all the salt water fish in our contest put together...lol

well I guess this gives new meaning to little giants. lol