Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACplugs
Anyone fish ac plugs? Do they work? And do you put them on the bottom for lakers or keep them off?[fishin]
[signature]
well fish ac plug for bass and do good with them work good on the striper on lake powell i never try them for trout
[signature]
Fish Stripers and Pike with them, work great for big fish. Trolling or casting. Where are you going too fish them ?
[signature]
Flaming Gorge. I have heard that they work so i thiught i wood ask bft first before buying them
[signature]
They work great for big Stripers and Pike, I would expect they would work for Lakers. Never fished for Lakers, probably on a downrigger
[signature]
Those that use them pull them EXTREMELY fast, like, making a wake with the boat. 5 mph-ish. Forget the bottom, the big treble hooks snag up. They do kill a lot of fish though. Just lots of big hooks+going very fast=hooking mortality.
[signature]
Don't forget about the MSSLAMMER it accounts for more trophy lake trout at Flaming Gorge, Fish Lake, Blue Mesa than any other big bait and it is made right here in Utah.[Smile]
MS
msslammer@yahoo.com
[signature]
Know of a guy who trolls AC Plug type Lures at the gorge for BIG lakers and kills it every year. Not sure exactly what speeds or depth but I've seen pics of a couple 30+ lbers. that he has caught within the last 2 seasons on them.
[signature]
Go to the AC plugs website and look around. They have a lot of great information on there and I am pretty sure they are great for the laker. I fish them for bass and consistently pull in large fish. Great Lure and a good group on the message board to help you out with any questions.

http://www.acplugs.com/forum/viewforum.p...a8d887dc3e
[signature]