Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large streamers??
Anyone know where I might be able to pick up some larger streamers for my fly rod? Round Rocks here in Logan has some, but they are only about half the size of what I am looking for. Stores or websites - makes no difference to me. Or if you might have some you would sell me, I would be willing to talk. Thanks!!
[signature]
Have you been to Sportsman's Warehouse? They also have a website you can order online. http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/store...tid=523899

Hope this helps [Smile]
[signature]
Cabelas had a bunch of streamers size 4-10 for $5.99 a dozen in their bargain fly box when I was down there Sunday. Not sure what's left. probable could call and get a heads up before driving down. The selection overall was the best I've seen for the special priced ones for a dozen. Got about 200 flies for $100.
[signature]
I have been there plenty of times. I was actually there Saturday, but totally spaced looking for some while I was there. Too busy chasing a 2 year old around the store. [Smile] I have been looking at their website. I am looking for some around 3 1/2 + inches or so.
[signature]
I think Cabelas had a few dozen of some articulated ones about that size in the bargain fly box on Sunday.
[signature]
Have you seen [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?post=729701;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]THESE[/url]? The gal can tie one on!!!
Don't know that she's selling, but you might be able to work out a barter OR trade. Feel free to toss some of my bottle cap creations into the deal! Haha.

Did you try Custom Sports - up in Hyde Park. I know they've got a WALL of materials for making flies a plenty.

Have I linked you to [url "http://www.pastikas.com/online-store/musky-baits-a-lures.html"]Pasticas[/url]?
Not sure if you're planning on chasing Big Browns, or Musky. But this store has some great Musky baits.
No affiliation, I found my way there for the Grabbit Tool - hook remover like no other (so the reviews go...)
[center][inline Lucca___s_Musky__49bafdb5e357c.jpg]

[/center]
[left]I made a feeble first stab at tying, and tried including what I thought might count for streamer type flies. But I've been told my tails too big. And my hackles too long.
Got lots to learn! Need more practice! (and some eyes and heads and beads, oh my!)
[inline ScreamingStreamers.jpg][/left]
[left]
[/left]
[left]
[/left]
[left]I think this one's my favorite. Maybe I'll call it a duckling pattern!!![/left]
[left][inline FancyFeathers.jpg]
[/left]
get a hold of Flygoddess or go to Anglers Den and ask for Lance or Wade. they sell bank robbers, sex dungeons, chupacabra's, etc.
[signature]
Thanks! That is what I was looking for. haven't been able to find them anywhere here in Logan.
[signature]
How big you looking for and what are you trying to imitate? Here is a 7 inch, 3 section articulated beast that can pass as any number of baitfish:

[Image: 4263388644_c3f2d5c125.jpg]
[signature]
I am looking for stuff just like in your pic. My goal is to land a tiger muskie. I am looking for anything that resembles the spinners and rapalas I have managed to catch them with. I am a novice fly fisherman. I have fly fished on and off for the last 10 years. I don't tie my own stuff, nor am I familiar with what everything is, but I do enjoy it.
[signature]
i got my musky from your neck of the woods and PV last year on either huge poppers or sex dungeons... the poppers i got back in CO and they a gigantic
[signature]
That is awesome! I am going to try to head down to Angler's Den this week sometime - if I can manage to get away for a few hours. School is really getting busy. It's gonna be a hectic last 6 weeks of the semester. But after that, I will be fishing a lot. [cool]
[signature]
try calling or stopping by Fish Tech in salt lake they have alot of flies and supplies. Nice guys to they are very helpful
[signature]
Nothing finer than tying your own!! A bit of an outlay too get rolling, but well worth it in the long run.
[signature]
I hear you on that. Right now, I just want to get something that fits what I am looking for. I will eventually get into that - maybe this summer. I would love to tie my own flies, but right now, my down time is spent doing homework and design projects. [Sad]
[signature]
[quote Lobina_Mosca] Here is a 7 inch, 3 section articulated beast that can pass as [#FF4040]any number of baitfish[/#FF4040]:
[url "http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2784/4263388644_c3f2d5c125.jpg[/img][/quote]"][/quote][/url]

And a wounded one at that. So what holds you sections together, and are there multiple hooks?

Just curious - as I'm playing with using a wire-leader to connect a main hook and a stinger for some gaudy big fluffy type things. I just wish I could tie faster. And pick a plan and stick to it!
Actually gonna use some bass hooks and see what I can come up with - with a longer shanked hook.

Long as I can keep my pup from steeling my clumps of fur! She thinks they look like great little rawhide chews!

Anyone tie onto a swimbait tail or grub body with fluff and hackles on top? I'd like to try something weedless too.

Doesn't Smith and Eddy's carry some flies? Being close to Willard, and not far from Pineview - wonder if they carry bigguns?
If you're looking for large streamers. I have been tying quite a few of them lately. Mainly articulated streamers with two hooks. I can tie pretty much any color variation. Make it resemble what you want it to resemble.
[signature]
So what holds you sections together, and are there multiple hooks?
___________________________-
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[size 3]Fish Skull makes an "articulated shank" in three sizes. Try it out for the middle section. The medium size shank appears to be the best for most applications.[/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[signature]
[quote CoyoteSpinner]
...So what holds your sections together, and are there multiple hooks?[/quote]

Yes, there are actually three sections on that fly. For the connection piece I use beaders wire. It's called "Beadalon" and it's the 19 strand stuff. You can get it at most craft stores. In my experience, it's the best combination of flexibility and strength but not overly flimsy.

Here is a video I did a while back that shows how I like to articulate flies. The fly is actually a good pike and tiger musky pattern.

http://youtu.be/m4eJLnsS5kE

And a photo of the same fly:

[Image: 4544129066_b38c66e2b0.jpg]
[signature]
Curtis,
I must say --- I really enjoy your youtube fly tying videos.
Very informative.

Thanks---Browntrout.
[signature]