Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SFCR
Anybody hit SFCR lately? Thinking of trying it this weekend and hoping for some news.
[signature]
I hit it last week and the week before. the week before the fishing was good i hooked 5 and landed 2 just above stites. yes that means i landed my first steelhead on a flyrod. i saw a bunch of fish landed threw out the day also.. last week i had a hard time finding the fish if you went up high there were to many people to even think about sneaking into any hole that were not marked private property. we tried a few places threw out the day and i only hooked one fish. well it had been raining for three days so the water had come back up so i figured maybe a fresh push of fish had moved up with about an hour and a half of light left we hit the lower river below stites and i hooked 4 more fish in an hour not landing a single one though. we were fishing some pretty fast water. one of them was a monster buck that decided it was an acrobat and did 3 cartwheels in a row then proceeded in running straight down stream in some heavy water spooling me into my backing while i chased him down the bank over a hundred yards i ended up pulling the hook out of him there was nothing i could do to stop him on my 8 wt. Im guessing this fish would have been a little above or bellow 40 inches right in there some where. man was my heart racing.
[signature]
I think 2dogs was refering to salmon falls creek reservoir so any info on SFCR
[signature]
Funny, I thought of the same place you did chrome. good to hear you managed to hook some fish and avoid the crowds for the most part. thats the biggest reason I try to go early up there.
[signature]
good to know. well theres a report on the southfork on the clearwater river.
[signature]
And that was an awesome report, CJ. I bet you won't forget that fish for awhile.
[signature]
That is on my list, so to speak, for this year, is some fly rod steele action, right now I am working on trade for a different boat for this soft water season.
[signature]
I'm planning a trip to SFCR for the first time this year and thought I knew the general layout of the lake from looking online. I gotta say your report Confused the heck out of me with the private property and crowds. It's good to know you were elsewhere. [Smile]
[signature]
[Image: beaten.gif][#000000]I also would like to know about Salmon Falls Especialy If anyone has info on the dates for the Spring Classic This year? Same fathers day weekend? [/#000000]
Any info on the walley population this year would be good also
Thanks
[signature]