Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boxcar
Was going to try crawdad cove today but the sign said ''reserved till April 1st'' didn't want to bother with that so I just went on into boxcar cove and launched the canoe. perfect day out there today. Only slight wind and warm, and the new trolling motor worked awesome. got out a little bit and tossed a top water popper and got an 18 inch striper on like the 5 cast. Then i switched to jigs, nothing. crank bait, nothing. cruised around a bit and packed it in.
[signature]
The roads to get back there have gotten pretty bad over the years. I didn't know you could reserve areas out there. Was it an official (NDOW) looking sign?

Nice work and thanks for the report.
[signature]
it was a laminated typed page taped to the road sign where the road splits to boxcar and crawdad. it was gone when i left though. not sure what the story was with it. i would not have guessed you could reserve areas either. and boxcar isnt even a fee camp site or established really.
[signature]
nice fish bro!! glad my report inspired u to get out there with the topwaters and give it a go round. at least u landed yours LOL [fishon] after my near misses and getting my trip cut short, I'm already itchin' to get back out there, I was gonna go today but had lots of honey-do's today. I'm thinkin' maybe hittin' the water this Sunday or Monday.[fishon]
[signature]
Thanks for the post. I'm glad to hear the stripers are hitting top-water, I always feel like I'm cheating with bait. I'm gonna hit up Willow this weekend, so don't be surprised if I come back smelling of skunk.
[signature]
the roads not awesome but its way better than it used to be. you should not have any problem gettin in and out. just stay on the road and dont try to drive on the shore line at all. you can see where people did try to go on the beach part and got stuck. the road in is kinda bumpy to where it vibrates you alot if you go fast at all but no real danger of getting stuck. have not been down crawdad this year but last year it was decent too.
[signature]