Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 200+ Fish & Ponds 3-21
Strawberry - Hit the ladders in open water at 9am. Man was it on FIRE!!! Biggest cutt was 23.5 inches and there were several nice cutts and rainbows pulled out in the moning session. We just couldn't keep them off the hook! Then Duckdog and Bill got the idea to try ice fishing soldgier creek. Well Duckdog's electric auger started over heating so we each got our own hole. I picked up 1 fish for the 2 hours we were there.

Then we hit the ladders again and got a ton of fish. I totaled 61 fish (new personal best) and my twin got 43 all were rainbows for us. Duckdog and bill got just as much if not more fish than us. Therefore the total was 200+!!! We left at 4pm as the action died off.

We were using Duckdogs secret weapon. But my twin picked up 23 rainbows on a countdown rapala in gold size CD-07 cranked very slow.

Manila Pond - My twin and I hit the Manila pond in provo for an hour in search of scratching the albino trout off my bucket list. Well there was one. It made a nice pic in my hand. My twin caught 1 rainbow and 1 brown trout with several bites on a gold jakes baitless.

Neilson Grove - For the last 1.5 hours of daylight we hit the Neilson Grove Pond. My twin got 1 bluegill and we both had many bites, when the dam ducks would go away! We left by sunset. We were using worms under a bobber or a clear bubble. We tried spinners and top water lures with no results.

Bill with is 23.5 inch cutty!
[Image: 782107.JPG]

DuckDog1us with his big cutty!
[Image: 782108.JPG]

Me and my 2nd largest Rainbw of the day
[Image: 782109.JPG]

Albino Trout at the Manila Pond
[Image: 782110.JPG]

My Twin's Brown Trout from the Manila Pond
[Image: 782111.JPG]

My Twin's bluegill, curing the winter time blues!
[Image: 782138.JPG]
[signature]
No ice strawberry?!?!?
[signature]
Not sure if you know, but fishing in the latters is illegal. Not saying you were, but if you were, you could be done for. And not totally sure about netting fish, but that might be illegal too.
[signature]
What..a catch with the net! Thats worst than holding a bass with gloves[sly].Nice Albino congrats!
[signature]
[quote PGfishes]Not sure if you know, but fishing in the latters is illegal. Not saying you were, but if you were, you could be done for. And not totally sure about netting fish, but that might be illegal too.[/quote]

I know that. It is well posted that Ladders above the fence is off limits. Gosh it sure was tempting but I know better. Didn't start fishing yesterday you know.

That Albino was quickly released after the photo op.
[signature]
Oh it gets tempting I know [Wink] Especially when those big cutts start running upstream and trying to jump up the drop offs
[signature]
Is there any more open water any where? I've never fished the ice off and gas comes cheap to young fellars. Haha don't want to make that far of a drive
[signature]
[quote Broskie5]Is there any more open water any where? I've never fished the ice off and gas comes cheap to young fellars. Haha don't want to make that far of a drive[/quote]

I should mention that I find rides with other friends and take THEIR cars not mine.

There is barley an opening at the ladders. I'd say a half a cast worth maybe more. Thanks to it flowing the ice isn't right up against it.
[signature]
Pretty sure you can't use a net to CATCH a fish (other than cisco at bear lake yada yada). Might want to check your proc and edit your post. Or don't.
nice to hear about strawberry.
[signature]
I'm just really workin on gettin some action on the fly rod so I might have to give it a try. If its for sure legal
[signature]
Here is a pic of Ladders today.
[Image: 782144.JPG]
[signature]
[quote Broskie5]I'm just really workin on gettin some action on the fly rod so I might have to give it a try. If its for sure legal[/quote]

It is all fair game below that fence where the 2 anglers are.
[signature]
Now I understand the reason for the question about helmet laws...
[signature]
[quote IceFlyGuy]Now I understand the reason for the question about helmet laws...[/quote]

Did you come up with that one all by yourself? Nice 1st post BTW.
[signature]
wow looks like a great day! I love fishing Manila and highland glen. its so close toI my parents that I go almost everyday in the summer for cats and trout. my brother pulled a 16" albino out of highland glen this year. if you ever go fish them on the weekends or summer and want company then pm me!
[signature]
Will do. The scenery is pretty good there. I was impressed by the berry. I have never had a day there where I pulled out more than 3 fish. Spoiling to say the least!
[signature]
how much time do you spend doing your hair every day?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, you missed an opportunity. You could have also asked "How do you know when you're having a bad hair day?"[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Bahaha +1
[signature]
Thanks for the report and pics. Great day!
[signature]