Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13 lb 33.5 in brown
fished the river today with my buddy. caught 12 total on rapalas. caught the biggest about 730. measured at 33.5 inches and weighed just over 13 lbs. hell of a fish. probably never caught one this big again even tho I'm 19!! couldn't land anything when we were drifting nymphs but decided to try a few rapalas and it was on. hope you enjoy the pics!

VOTE FOR MY PIC ON PICTURE OF THE MONTH
[signature]
! Damn dude, that's a hog! Biggest from the Weber or not that's one that will be tough to beat.
[signature]
Awsome fish man. That one would be going on the wall if I were you.
[signature]
Nice catch!
[signature]
Damn kid! That's a beauty.
[signature]
pic of the month worthy?
[signature]
Monster brown! If released and measurements are right, you are holding the state catch and release record brown! Fish of a lifetime for sure.. Nice job
[signature]
NICE, thats a beauty im not even close to that, congrats!
[signature]
Very nice catch! That's got to feel good. Congrats.
[signature]
[quote starkinkade2]pic of the month worthy?[/quote]

I would vote it number 1, very nice fish for sure.
Are you talking about the BFT Wall of Fame board?
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/wall/"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/wall/[/url]
WH2
[signature]
Awesome fish man.

Just goes to show that even giant fish will still eat smaller minnows sometimes. Can't be eating 1lb suckers all the time...
[signature]
Now that there is a FISH!!! Congrats on the prize!
[signature]
Holy crap!!!! That is a freaking monster! Nice job!
[signature]
That fish has lived in that particular spot probably 10-15 yrs! And believe me.there's more like that in that holle!!! Congrats on catching my toad ;P did you keep it?????? If.not I.hope you got some good pics with measurements because you didn't just beat the C&R record but you crushed it by over an inch and a half!!!! If you did keep it.... (im feelin a little nauseated.... )then its gonna b a little easier for me to break that record Big Grin haha I hope it was some good eats and looks great on your wall! Stunning fish for sure bro
[signature]
Holy Camoley! That's a beast! Look at that jaw - look at that grin! YO! Nicely done.

So you started out fly-fishing, then went to spinning gear? Or what? Curious what weight fly-rod you're using to land toads like those!

Wildcat - I think they found that monster you and Catman have been looking for!!!

Curious - do they have the "rules" for C&R recording listed somewhere? I've heard talk about taking a catch to a 'authortized station' or some such. But with C&R - do you have to photograph the 'evidence'?

Gotta be sure to use the right ruler then, eh? [:p]

[inline RULER.jpg]

So - that said, let me guess. You're 4 foot tall and have tiny winy hands! haha

totally kidding bud - that's a rocking catch - thanks for sharing!
Wildcat just kinda reminded me of someone's comment that they 'almost' got the C&R record for a certain fish, but then I'm pretty sure it ended up getting 'released' to the fryer - so I had to laugh.
nice fish! theres bigger ones in there too! its reasons like that i love that section of the river
[signature]
Congratz !!! Thats a beast of a fish too bad you couldn't get it taped and official scaled looks to be a record for sure.

Im curious too You were nymphing then tied on a rapala on your fly rod ??? Just curious no animosity just never seen anyone fish a Rapala on a fly rod... hmmm maybe ill have to give it a try. [Wink][Wink][Wink]
[signature]
Damn! Nice catch!
[signature]

Very Nice!!!!
[signature]
Congratulations! That is a beauty..
[signature]