Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to Bear Lake Monday
Just wondering if anyone else was headed for the Bear on monday. I'll be shore bound early monday morning with a couple of my kids but I'm sure we'll have a good time. Has anyone been recently? Are the macs moving in to spawn yet?
[signature]
We were over on Thursday and fished all day without a bite. When we left the marina at 6:15 that morning all we seen in the shallows was tons of carp. Might still be a little early for the spawn.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Don't count on the spawn. We were up there yesterday and I idled in the shallows in front of the marina and saw nothing. There were plenty of boats and people trying it out though including the Bear River Outfitter . The rockpile has fish on the downward side of the drop but it's not spawn type of traffic. There were boats on the pile trying their luck but none stayed there too long.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks crestliner and BLM for the headsup. I've made an executive descision. Since I'm taking the crumb crunchers, we'll be headed to Hyrum instead. I guess the warmer temps have stalled things a bit. Over the past 4 years I've usually found them shallow at the marina by now, oh well guess I'll wait a bit longer.

By the way, does anyone know what the water temps are at the bear?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]58 deg surface temp.[/size][/font]
[signature]