Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pontoon Registration numbers ?
On back of my registration sticker card it says that I need to put the registration numbers on each side of the bow and they need to be at least 3" high. I have a Bucks Bags Southfork and that seems overkill. Do the letters and numbers realyl have to be that big on such a small pontoon and on both sides?
[signature]
Yes that what the rules say> I had mine on the toons but have changed to coroplast that I fasten on when I get there.
[signature]
Ya they have to be that big. I have been checked and I also have been safty checked. Make sure you have a vest and a whistle. You don't have to ware the life vest but they are going to make sure you have one. Here is how I do my numbers. Ron

[Image: Ronstoon1.jpg]
[signature]
I have mine on a plexiglass plate much like Ron's with a space for the yearly sticker. Shouldn't be a problem to attach them to the rails on a Bucks. I did mine with zip ties.
[signature]
Mine is actually corrugated plastic. I was going to go the plexi glass route but this stuff was way cheaper. Ron
[signature]
Cool thing, thanks to Zak, the new NFO bags have a plastic cover on the outside of each bag to stick you plate in. Slick and very visible.
[signature]
i contributed to the needs of society. i will now be accepting cash donations to fund my retirement
[signature]
What next.. will they charge us and make us put numbers on our bodies when we swim.
What bullcrap..
Our tax money pays to build the dams, we pay for the maintenance, we pay to park there, we pay to register our boats...
[signature]
As soon as you put a motor on a Kayak, Canoe, Any boat, Tube or a Pontoon, it is required. Don't put a motor on and you don't have to worry. You are licensing the fact that it now has a MOTOR. However, you are not licensing the motor unless it is over 25 hp I think.
In other word, if you have a pontoons and a float tube or canoe, but one motor, you plan on using that motor on both , you have to license both.
[signature]
Do I need to have the numbers on both sides?
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]As soon as you put a motor on a Kayak, Canoe, Any boat, Tube or a Pontoon, it is required. Don't put a motor on and you don't have to worry. You are licensing the fact that it now has a MOTOR. [/quote]

And that includes electric motors, right?
[signature]
Any kind of motor...weed wacker[laugh] Egg beater[laugh][laugh]
[signature]
haha!!!!! i dig the egg beater comment.[cool]
[signature]
Yes, you have to put numbers on both sides. The rules are the same regardless of what type of watercraft it is. I also agree it is overkill, but not doing it correctly will not change things. It will only end up taking more of your money.
[signature]
Thanks! That is what I needed to know.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]As soon as you put a motor on a Kayak, Canoe, Any boat, Tube or a Pontoon, it is required. Don't put a motor on and you don't have to worry. You are licensing the fact that it now has a MOTOR. However, you are not licensing the motor unless it is over 25 hp I think.
In other word, if you have a pontoons and a float tube or canoe, but one motor, you plan on using that motor on both , you have to license both.[/quote]

IF a guy puts a gas motor on is there any different rules than a electric motor? Ron
[signature]
No, unless it is over 25 HP (I think) then you have to license the motor too. Not the cast with in boards, just out boards.
[signature]
If a guy wants some cheap plexiglass go to auto salvage and get one of those bug guards off the older trucks they work great and most times you can get them for a couple bucks. They are tinted and show the letters well. zip tys make them removable for when there not needed.
[signature]
Another choice is "siding" Vinyl siding. Thin, flexible, light weight. I use velcro to secure mine, but shower curtain rings, carabiners...so many choices.
[signature]