Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe 3/24
took the kid up to the blacktail side of Ririe yesterday for some fishing. Had planned on taking the motor boat, but when checking things at the house before leaving found that the gas line connection to the motor wouldn't seat tight and would leak gas. So took the drift boat figuring that the wind was almost nothing and I could at least do some rowing around. Of course the wind picked up as soon as we arrived. It wasn't bad, but I had to work a lot harder to into it. The water still had a bit of ice in the direction towards the narrows, but I figure it'll be gone w/ todays weather. We rowed towards the willow creek arm and got into some patchy ice up that way w/ some of it being up to an inch or so thick. at that point we just wind drifted back to the docks. From there we just dropped pieces of worm off the end of the dock. Ended up landing 2 trout and a sucker and lost 4 others, one of which might have been a koke. The water was a muddy brown color everywhere we were at. Overall it was a fun time. Now if I can just get that old motor to work when I want it too!
[signature]
Thanks for the report...that's 12 miles up the road from me...guess it time to fire up my 14 footer!
[signature]