Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to go fishing monday?
Does anyone want to go fishing monday morning? I was thinking of going to Jordanel East canyon Rockport or Pineview If I can find a musky expert. Let me know. Have room for 1 or 2 fishermen.

Does anyone know the launching conditions at pineview? I have an 18 foot maxum and would be launching with a 2 wheel drive dodge ram.
[signature]
Im no "expert" but have cought my fair share and would not mind hitting Pineview!!"BIG FISH RULE"M.H.
[signature]
Sounds good musky. I have never fished for musky before. can you give me an idea what to bring. I don't have a large enough net for them either so if you do bring it. Do you troll or cast for them. I have a little 6 horse johnson kicker I can bring It works great but It can only push my boat about 1 to 2 mph maybe 3 in good conditions. I assume I won't need my downriggers? Do you use a wire leader? I was going to bring my trolling real It is strung with 20lb mono.

Cableguy
[signature]
Cableguy,I will bring the net,steel leaders and that 20#mono will work just fine.No downriggers needed!!I can bring my 7.5 merc if you want but I think yours will do just fine!!I will bring the camera so when you catch you first musky you can remember it!!M.H.
[signature]
I am wanting to go to pineview bad and try for those muskies. I am definitely not an expert but was trying to talk kastmaster into going up there monday, but haven't heard back from him. Give me a call and let me know if you want to meet up. My number is 801-836-0928. Let me know if I need some specific lures. I mostly fish jigs. Pm me or call. I only have internet access until this evening and then I will only have my phone. actually i take that back I will be at my wifes aunts house tonight so I can check it out tonight after ten and from work here until then. Anyway would love to go,

Jed Burton
[signature]
[#ff0000]If you go to Pineview, I'd send aquaman a pm. for some info. He's the one with the golden touch lately! No problems launching, you will be fine. That ramp is a bad bouncy boy however. If I had to do it over I'd left the transom saver on and put it back on at the water's edge. It's like a 1/4 mile of shopping mall parking lot speed bump washboard. The ramp is made up of long, aprox. 12X12 inch square cement blocks that are about 8-10 inches apart. The mud and such has eroded out from between many of the blocks making a series of world class potholes. P4L took us up the east side of it, which seemed to be the best. We put the hubs in but were never tempted to kick in the 4scratch. There's no one at the guard station to take your cash so the launch is free this time of year. Let us know how you did. [/#ff0000]
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up,N.O.S.!!M.H.
[signature]