Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pontoon Anchor
Can anyone reccomend a good pontoon boat anchor for using on the snake river?
[signature]
Our very own member Drowning_flys makes anchors. I bet he could help you and hook you up. Ron
[signature]
Thanks Ron [cool]
I can set you up if your looking for a 4 sided lead pyramid. I have made several. I am in short supply of lead but if your not looking for to heavy of one i can do it. It will look like the smallest one in this pic witch is about 10 pounds the next size up is 12.

[Image: anchorsairbrush006.jpg]

[Image: anchorsairbrush005.jpg]
[signature]
Not taking away from Drowning, but we and most I know that float the Green, use Chains. Large Carabiner with three or four strands of maybe 6 to 8 links of heavy chain. You can add or subtract as needed. Plus you can used chains made of other than Lead as some waters are now banning lead.
[signature]
No problem at all i would want someone to use what works best for them and chains work great also. a person can also just fill a can with concrete and put an eye bolt in it. I have also made some steel case anchors with a plug in them and you can fill it with sand or desired material to get the weight you want, but they get pretty expensive. The cheaper the anchor the better as sometimes when you anchor in the wrong spot the only option is leaving it there.
[signature]
chain anchor. floating the green im always afraid of my anchor getting wegged between 2 rocks, a chain prevents that. it lays down over a rock rather then wedgeing itself next to one.

drowning flies, those are cool, i might try to get in touch with you later in the fall this year to add one of those to a different boat of ours
[signature]
[quote kochanut]chain anchor. floating the green im always afraid of my anchor getting wegged between 2 rocks, a chain prevents that. it lays down over a rock rather then wedgeing itself next to one.

drowning flies, those are cool, i might try to get in touch with you later in the fall this year to add one of those to a different boat of ours[/quote]
Sure let me know [Smile]
[signature]