Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first Walleye
Got my first Walleye today at Willard from shore. We were fishing for cats with a worm on the bottom. I caught a carp and had alot of bites. Then I hooked what I thought was a cat because it wasn't fighting like a wiper or carp so I let my grandaughter finish reeling it in. When it close to shore I couldn't believe it. He was about 18 inches and my son-in-law is enjoying him for dinner.After that we didn't get any bites at all.The fish just turned off.
[signature]
Glad to here you got your first eye,I will be there in the morning hopening to get an eye or two or some wipers myself!!M.H.
[signature]
I fished for awhile for the wipers but did not even get a bite. The last 2 times I was out there I got those little ones on Rooster Tails.There wasn't hardly any birds on the water either.
[signature]
Were you fishing on the West dike again? Way to go on the first walleye, did you get a taste of it? WH2
[signature]
Congrats on your fist Walleye! Did you notice if Weber Basin Water was letting in any H2O?
[signature]
Yes I was on the west side. It sounded like they were still pumpng it out. .The water level is lower I think.
[signature]