Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW FLOAT TOY
JUST GOT MY NEW FLOAT TOY 11 1/2 FT STREAMSIDE PONTOON CANT WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK TO TRY IT OUT AND BUILD ROD HOLDERS
[signature]

Hey there petty4life,

Heck, I thought you'd have one made in the image of ol' #43! ha ha

When is one of the manufactures ever gonna get on the ball and put retractable/flip up foot rests (like the rear pegs on a motor cycle) on those dang pontoon boats so when the angler is still fishing he has full use of the flippers, but more importantly, they'll be more able to easily bring a flippy fishy through the center of the boat pontoons so it wouldn't be as big a problem!

DO IT YOURSELF that might be fun. Invent something!

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Hey, man, glad you were able to put that deal together. That's a nice lookin' craft. Looks like it's big enough to mount a couple of twin 150s on the back, and to build on a flying bridge with outriggers...for offshore billfish trolling.

I'm sure you will enjoy being able to fish up close and personal, and to get to some of the fishies the bankers and boaters can't work effectively.

Let us know if you need any help on rigging a rod rack...or if you plan to set up sonar. There are several past threads with pics that should be able to help you.

Where are you going to launch on your maiden voyage?
[signature]
[cool] Hey there Petty4life, That's a good looking craft. Looks like there's plenty of room for an electric trolling motor and a good size ice chest on that thing. Do you plan on racing that thing?
[signature]
That's a big dog Petty4Life! Can't wait to go fishin' with ya. Need to get that trolling motor mounted so we can go hit Causey.
[signature]
[size 2]I have a pontoon tube too like that. Cool thing is with the metal frame you can mount fishing pole holders with ease.[sly][/size]

[size 2]Someone commented about a electric motor. Just remember in most states as soon as you put a motor on it you have to register with DMW.[unsure][/size]

[size 2]Just a heads up. Good luck with it[Wink][/size]
[signature]
Sweet lookin outfit! I'll know what to look for when I'm out on the water. My toon isn't that long, mine is 6 1/2 tops. Toons are sure nice when you want to get up and move to another spot. I used the oars a lot on my last trip trying to find a general area of fish concentration (via fishfinder), then went to work with the fins.

Unfortuneatly last Wed morning at Lincoln Beach was not a good time. I'm blaming it on the full moon from the night before. I wish I would have thought of that in my trip planning and hit the Beach toward evening. Oh well.

See you on the water!

ES
[signature]
as soon as i get my numbers on the side 43 ill race anybody, im aware that it has to be registered damn goverment always wanting more money next we'll have ti lic float tubes
[signature]
[cool] Sorry about the bad news there Petty, but if I have to register my tube then I will have no choice but to put a #24 and change the colors to a full rainbow. ha ha. He don't worry. Richard Petty is still a legend in my book. Back there with Bobby Allison and Al Unser Sr. Long Live Racing!!!!!!
[signature]
i liked ya till you mentioned the 24 i reather have a sharp stick in my eye then like gordan
[signature]
[Tongue] Well that sharp stick feels kinda comforting after awhile. I can hardly feel mine anymore. I got mine back when Rusty Wallace was still racing at a beginners track around here with Ron Hornaday. Hope you have alot of fun with your newly acquired "Toon". That should give you many happy years of service. I just got a new tube or U boat recently. Sent to me by TubeDude. He sent one for my son as well so that I could get him started tubing as well.

Lots of fun compared to bank fishing.

When I lived in Utah, I used to tube with TubeDude at Willard quite a bit. You should be getting ready for ice fishing soon. That is something that I can't get out here in SoCal. But its a good thing......... I don't have an auger big enough for my tube. ha ha.. Happy Fishing.
[signature]
Unfortunately, in Utah you DO have to license a float tube -- if you connect an electric trolling motor to it. There are a few out there who actually use a motor even with a donut, and if they do, they are required to register it as a boat with the State of Utah. Ridiculous!
[signature]
do you know how much the fine is for getting caught on a non lic craft?
[signature]
[size 2]In Calif we also have to license powertubes. My friend bought one before he knew you had to license it. He was stopped, given a warning and followed back to shore.[mad] [/size]

[size 2] He was advised not to have it out again without registration or he could be fined $500, plus registration and they could impound it until he paid both!![crazy][/size]
[signature]
in michigan you only need it licensed if you have a gas motor.

electrics are exceptable....
[signature]
thats the way it should be here
[signature]
[size 2]To show you how stupid DMW laws are. I can't have an electric motor on my inflatable pontton with top speed of maybe 5 knots but these friggin scooters which I now see with seats, headlights, etc do not have to be registered or licensed, etc.[/size]

[size 2]They use gas, pollute on a small scale and are on public streets and more and more people are using them for transportation not general amusement as they were intended. Crazy![crazy][/size]
[signature]
im with ya fishfather i saw one going down the street the other day and thought the same thing thats a bunch of crap the sportsman always gets screwed
[signature]
[cool]Those motorized scooters are a sore subject in the Phoenix area right now. There has been a lot of effort to get them more closely regulated...not only for the safety but the noise factor.

Two days ago, a 13 year old kid was killed on one. He run up beside a big construction truck as it was turning right into a job site. The driver did not see him zip around the truck and the kid did not notice it was turning. The end result was the kid got run over by a loaded cement truck. The only restrictions in that area were that the scooters had to be operated on the street and not on sidewalks...and that you had to be at least 14 to have one. The kid complied by running on the street, but he was only 13. He will never see the legal age.

I too disagree with some of the laws and restrictions laid on fishermen. A tube with a low power trolling motor is more heavily regulated in most states than high powered PWC...and they are killing or injuring people every day. I lost count of the number of deadly accidents on the evening news here in Phoenix over the last year or so, involving PWC. And, they were usually with very young people...or older people with too much "antifreeze" in their systems.
[signature]