Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard eyes/pic added
The walleye are in full spawn mode. They are chasing each other right on to the banks. I managed these three tonight. I hope the picture works. The biggest is 19 the smallest is 16. All were hooked in less than ten feet from shore on 1/16 lead head and curly tails. Tried real hard for a wiper before the walleye moved in. No luck. I know it's early but it was so warm and calm I thought I might get lucky. Sorry the damn thing won't even let me click on choose file. I was excited to show em off.
[signature]
Well glad to hear some one got into them.. I walked the south dike throwing curly tails.. plus everthing i had in my box.. Did manage to hook a nice wiper.. Just before i tried netting it, it was FREE !![pirate][pirate] Where were you at ?? if you dont mind me asking ??
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
Send them to me in an Email and I'll post them for you. PM sent
[signature]
Are you sure they weren't shad that you were seeing on the surface. I have seen shad behaving like you said but not the walleye's. Glad you got into some eye's, I'm jealous for sure, gotta go soon.[Wink]
[signature]
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I was fishing the west side. No particular spot just moving around trying to find a big female that would supply me with lots of aggressive males.
They were definitely walleye. I'm no expert. just Like tubedude says I get skunked as often as not this time of year but when fish are chasin each other around in a foot of water on the 29 of march at midnight there's no doubt what they are.
I emailed the pics wiperhunter thanks in advance. Is there anyway to attach pics straight from a windows phone?
[signature]
Nice eyes Fishjon, here is your pic.

[inline willardeye.jpg]
[signature]
That's awesome. Thanks for the report, and thanks for helping with the pic Curt. Nice looking eyes.

I'll bet they were enjoying all that wind.
But - um, er - with todays return of Winter - will that shut things down again till the 'next' warm spell?
[quote perchound]Are you sure they weren't shad that you were seeing on the surface. [/quote]
There were a lot of shad blowing up near shore on friday But no eyes..
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
There was 0 wind on Friday. I promise they were walleye. they started rolling before it got dark and I could see them. Isn't There anyone on the board that will confirm that walleye act like spawning carp at least a few nights a year.
[signature]
Well...... I don't like giving away all my secrets, but yes they do roll on the surface when the females are in. They are usually rolling pre-dusk, night time, or post dawn. This year the abundance and quality of Walleye is amazing. I have even seen them rolling in the middle of the day this year.
[signature]
I'll back you Up on that. Next time you go take a camera. Show the nay Sayers .
[signature]
I hate to be the guy that heads out based on a report, but I may have to go scope it out one night this week. I'm like 0 for 5 at Willard.

I seriously have not caught one fish out of there, ever.
[signature]