Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge report 3/31/12
Here is a quicky for anyone going up this week, went looking for some early spring Bows' yesterday, on the water at 0800 launched from Sheep Creek, water was the color of chocolate milk so headed towards Hideout.

Water cleared up at Hideout so headed to Carter Creek to see how it looked, water started to become murky again as we approached Carter Creek and in the canyon was worse than Sheep Creek, headed back out to the main channel and fished the bays and coves off the channel, water in the coves and bays was clear.

The best weather day at the Gorge in a long time especially for early spring, mid-60's, sunny and barely a breeze. Started catching small Bow's in the bays right off the bat, using 2.5" tubes jigs on 1/4 oz. heads, colors were white w/ pepper, pink, pumpkin and green tipped with worm.

Fished the coves and bays from Hideout to Cedar Springs, once you pass Carter Creek the main channel is clear again. Between the 3 of us we boated 26 Bows' no size so no pics, I think we all know what a 15-16" Bow looks like.

Not going to be alot of runoff this year so I would think the lake will start clearing fairly quickly, off the water at 4:30 pm. Good luck all.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Remo,..... a couple of questions, were you vertical jigging or spin casting ? What depths were you finding the fish. Were they on the bottom or suspended in deeper water ?

Thanks again for the report.
[signature]
Vertical jigging, or slow retrieve back to the boat. The fish were close to the surface, alot were caught in the 1st 15' suspended over deeper water.
[signature]
Thanks for the tips Remo. Sounds like that might be a good trip for my grandsons and I.

Thanks again for you help.
[signature]
I can't wait to get up there. Work keeps getting in the way of fishing.
[signature]
Maybe this will push you over the edge!
[signature]
The first nice run of days I can get away from work I'm heading up there. The water looks like glass, hope the fishing is as good as the scenery.
[signature]