Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mammoth Lake Area Float Tube/Trout Tourney

Hey there tubers,

On October 18th (Saturday), there'll be a float tube'trout catch and release tourney waaaaaaaaaaay up in the Mammoth Lakes, CA area. If you're heading that way, why not spend $25 bucks to experience a tourney with some really cutting edge and super interesting regulations and a BBQ at the awards event. 4 catagories for the winners!!

Check out the regs and details at www.rainbowtrout.com for a good time.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Thanks for the headsup, JR. I can assure you that I will NOT be there. I sure would like to experience it, though. This is the time of year the big fishies come out to play, and are much more aggressive. Only downside is that you definitely have to add a layer or two under the waders to keep from getting hypothermia. Of course, when a big ol' biggun climbs on, the cold is not so noticeable.

Did you ever get to make a trip north this year?
[signature]

Hey there TubeDude,

Nope, I've got the cash, the time, the means, the gear but... there's these off-the-wall, out of the blue obligations that keep popping up, go away, then reappear. You know what I'm talking about because we're on the same road! ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Yes, my friend. I can "synthesize" with that. I have always said that work is the single biggest interference with a man's fishing schedule. But, when one has other "obligations", it can become even more difficult to just pack up and go.

Heck, you are retired (retarded) now, so you have more time to fish than I do anyway.

Maybe next year on the shad run. Maybe?
[signature]