Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Report
We got back from the Gorge earlier tonight and thought I would post our report. First of all we left friday afternoon and stayed at the Flaming Gorge motel. We usually
keep our trailer there but brought it home last week-end.
So we took BLMs advice and stayed at the local hotel.Not bad for $40.00 a night.Just dont expect the Holiday Inn.
We(my oldest son 15yrs)and my self hit the lake Saterday morning at 0700 and fished until 7:00pm (1900hrs). It was 19degrees but warmed up quickly by afternoon it was in the 60s.We trolled and jigged through out the day caught 6 fish on saterday and 3 sunday. No fish jigging.All were caught trolling flat fish of different colors. No big fish this trip all though we fished our guts out.All were in the 10lb class. We were fishing in Lucerne bay.
[signature]
Thanks for the report - we are heading up next weekend for a little mack trolling - what seened to be the best trolling depth? Any color work better?

Thanks for the Information in advance - especially the morning temperature - that's chilly.....
[signature]
Thanks for the report, it sounds like the Mac catching is improving all over. Did you try fishing for any kokes? WH2
[signature]
I think I'd call a 10lber a "big" fish, unless you were trying for those 20lbers and if I caught 9 in the 10lb class I'd say it was a succesful weekend. GOt any pics of those disappointing fish?
[signature]
The macks seemed to be every-where.We trolled between 70 and 90 ft. 80ft seemed to be where we had the most strikes.Our favorite color was either a frog colored or perch colored. No pictures, a digital camera is on the list of things to get. We did not fish for kokes this trip, had the wind kicked up in Lucerne we would have changed our game plan and went in search of the kokes. Lake was dead calm except for a little wind in the mornings.
[signature]
In years past this was my favorite time to fish for kokes. I used to go with my uncle before he deserted Utah for the warm shores of California, but now that he's getting ready to retire he's thinking of moving back to Utah to be closer to family and his favorite fishing holes. Berry & the Gorge
[signature]