Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here & a question
Hi all!

Ok to begin with, money is tight so "buy another one" won't cut it if there is another option. Also it is the kids first and favorite rod he only got to use one time.

Anyway so here I am, doing battle with Bumble Bee the Transformer. The pole will cast out (or so I am told, no way to test it) but not reel back in. His mom took him out, so I got this information second hand. She said he caught a good size pike right before it happened.

So I try to reel it in, and it doesn't turn. So I take it all apart. Turns out I didn't need to, because these things reel in the backward direction and not forward.

So now I am trying to restring it, and it doesn't reel in. It just "twists" the line. I know I'm an idiot for some reason or another, anyone shed some light on what I'm doing wrong?

Steve
[signature]
Hello Steve,
I am assuming it's a spinning reel, did you just tie a not on the spool, so the spool is spinning but the line isn't catching?

If this is the case you can use a tiny piece of tape to secure the line while you reel it in.

Another question that comes to mind, is, is the bail of the reel spinning around when you turn the reel handle? If not, it's a whole different problem.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Yes I tied it to the reel and it does not appear to be spooling at all. I have the line coming from a spool sitting on my work bench (just sits there) and it is doing nothing because the line is not being taken up.
[signature]