Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Northern Utah Ultimate Bass Team Tour Schedule
Hey everybody,

Just wanted to let everyone know we have started an Ultimate Bass Team Tour circuit in Northern Utah. Everybody has heard of the ones held down on Sand Hollow, but we wanted to show everyone the north end of the state has some good sticks too.
Our first tournament is on April 21st at Utah Lake (Provo Boat Harbor) and we will be meeting at the ramp at 5:00am.
We will be having a live weigh-in at 11:00am and another one at 3:30pm if anyone wants to come down and to the ramp and see some big fish.
College UVU Bass is having a tournament the weekend before on Utah Lake on April 14th, so it would be a perfect time to fish their tournament as pre-fish and support them a little.
Anyway, if you have any questions. Please feel free to contact me here, or check www.ultimatebassteams.com for more information. We are going to be having tournaments on Utah Lake, Deer Creek, and Jordanelle this season with the Championship being held on Lake Powell in October, which is a free entry fee.
We are expecting to have a pretty good turn out at Utah Lake on the 21st and would like to see ya there.

Good luck on the water this season.

Thanks,

-Trevor
[signature]
Thanks for spearheading this Trevor. Your doing a great job as tourny director. I will see ya at 5:00 am on the ramp my friend!
[signature]
NICE!!! Good times are a comin!
[signature]
Seems like none of your tournaments are actually in Northern Utah though. Some are north of Sand Hollow, but not really Northern Utah.
[signature]
ktrout there is one in every group sir you just made yourself it here for today. [Wink]
treep keep up the great work.! Excited about the northern ubtt
[signature]
Just because they are not on the boarder of Idaho or in Cache valley doesn't mean they are not in Northern Utah. I would consider the Provo and the Heber area definitely in Northern Utah. Just sayin'
[signature]
I was just messin with him, I don't care at all what the name is. I don't fish tournaments and don't get many opportunities to fish for bass any more. But I thought it was funny, especially the championship being about as far south as you can get: Lake Powell.
[signature]
Not wanting to beat a dead horse but so people know the reason the championship is on Lake Powell is due to the fact that there are six divisions of Ultimate Bass from New Mexico to Las Vegas to Northern Utah and Lake Powell is probably the most central lake that could hold that kind of tournament. By the looks of it your time is spent chasing much bigger fish than bass. If you ever are around and want to go let me know. If you are chasing those big Kings i really can't blame ya.. and am jealous!
[signature]
Thanks for the plug Trevor....this old man will be out there on both tournaments. You support us, we support you!!!! our President is fishing the UBTT as well

GO UVU!
[signature]
Who you fishing with Clif? Give me a call when ya can.

Thanks for the clarification BigFish22!
But as he mentioned, we would like to have some farthern North tournaments, but you have to understand permit applications as well. Mantua is owned by Mantua city, not a State Parks like many other lakes in Utah. We would have to pay much more to hold a tournament on Mantua, Pineview, and from what I was told, if we hold one on East Canyon they want us to kill all smallmouth we catch... but we would really like to hold some tournaments on Flaming Gorge in the future if possible. Just have to get the name out there first though. Last year the Championship was on Lake Mead and as BigFish said it is due to having 6 divisions throughout the western states. It would be like people complaining about fishing the Bassmaster Classic because it is in Louisiana, but they live in California. Don't you want to fish somewhere new anyways?
Thank you for your input guys.

-Trevor
[signature]
Powell makes sense given the many groups in that tournament.

The main reason I don't bass fish much is that I suck at it in Utah. No bass boat and I only recently got a kayak, so access was more difficult in the past. I use to do it more in Cali. I wish I spent a more time fishing for big fish, those are just special occasions. But if you have an open spot on the boat during a weekend day, I'd be glad to fill it.
[signature]
My name is Clinton, and I'm fishing with Jaron Krebs
[signature]
Tre, I wish some were closer to home, Freakin gas prices suck, I would love to spend a little more time on the water with you guys. I sure wish you guys the best luck getting some participation. Cant wait to see the clan in July.
[signature]