Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a fishing spot...
I'm looking for a place to go fishing this weekend. Somewhere not too far from salt lake (just somewhere that can be easily reached for a short trip). The boat is still winterized so I will have to fish from land but I rarely fish from the shore and don't know anywhere close that is good to go, with good odds of actually catching something. I'm not really picky about what species or size, as long as they're not all ridiculously tiny like the 3 to 4 inch fish I caught at daybreak lake a few years ago. Does anyone have any suggestions?
[signature]
Go to Little Dell...its a little slice of heaven! Just remember it is catch and release on the cutts, and artificial flies and lures only. PM me if you need more information. Might be heading there this weekend...let me know if you want to come along.
[signature]
[quote EvilTyeDyeTwin]Go to Little Dell...its a little slice of heaven! Just remember it is catch and release on the cutts, and artificial flies and lures only. PM me if you need more information. Might be heading there this weekend...let me know if you want to come along.[/quote]
+1 to that place.
[signature]
+1 little dell is a great place to try
[signature]
Also, the sandy community pond is excellent for catching bows, however, they are stoked fish... They are soooo easy to catch... But if you want a larger lake, hands down, little Dell is awesome!!!... Sometimes I'll hit settlement canyon as well, for a little change in scenery.... Tibblefork is another great option
[signature]
Little Dell isn't "easy access" at the moment. It does require some extreme hill hiking.
As mentioned, C&R for all Cutts, artificial flies and lures. no scent, and no bait. No Dogs and no wading without waders ( Our drinking water)
Any community pond. I have fun testing new fly patterns on them. Time it right and you can catch monsters. My biggest was 26" trout. Tibble Fork is beautiful and you can take your dog there and use bait.
Some of the streams are pretty easy as well.
[signature]
+3 on Tibble Fork if you don't mind catching mostly 10-12 inch rainbows. It can be a little slow at times in the spring before they stock it.
[signature]
I would suggest Lower Bells Reservoir. Easy access and fast and furious fishing. Easy 25+ fish in a couple hours.
http://www.trails360.com/hikes/view/lowe..._reservoir
[signature]