Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MotorGuide trolling motor ?
I just bought a pro series motorguide trolling motor, I know on the minnkota tm's you can adjust the tension on the foot pedal, does anyone know if motorguide has something similar? I googled it but never could find any info

thanks for any input
[signature]
My MG is a hand model so I don't know about their foot controlled models.
Is there an coller adjustment on the shaft that if loosened makes it turn easier? Like the ones on the hand models?
[signature]
Wildcat we are having the same situation. I purchased a MotorGuide this winter and been out 5 times and really like it. However, a little more tension on the foot pedal would be great.

I hope someone has the answer.

Thanks
[signature]
Mine is a great motor, great power, just want the foot pedal a bit more resistant, I will try and find some more info on the interwebz and if so i will post em on here
[signature]
Yes, I would like a little more tension on mine too . It seems to spin out of control on windy days. It does have some adjustment on the cable that feeds the foot control. I think that is the only adjustment. There must be some other adjustment.. Let us all know what you find out.!!! THANKS
[signature]
Sounds dumb but have you tried downloading the manual for it off of motor guide's website?
[signature]
I havent but i have google searched high and low to no avail... Everything i read made it sound like their is no adjustment like the minnkotas have
[signature]
So i just got off the phone with motorguide about the foot pedal tension! and long story short, there is now foot pedal adjustment however the guy on the phone sent me a pdf outlining how he devised his own tension control! he stated that " the is not a motor guide approved and by doing so could void the warranty! If you want this pdf file let me know
[signature]