Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Laundry Basket Apron
[cool][#0000ff]I put up a post a while back on a new "sushi board" (rigid apron) I made for my tube from the bottom of a contour shaped Sterlite laundry basket [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=722485;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"](link to post)[/url] . Since then I have helped a couple of other BFTers craft similar aprons from different models of the Sterlite...including a larger but less expensive model from WalMart. That one went on LeeC's pontoon and the extra size was welcome.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Last week WagDog...a Fat Catter...brung me a Rubbermaid laundry basket he had "appropriated" from his spouse. Hope he has a good explanation when she discovered where it went. The Rubbermaid was just about exactly the same size and shape as the Sterlite I used...with the same contour bottom...for us guys with ample girth. About the only difference was that it was a metallic blue-grey color rather than the lovely PVC white.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Got it cut, drilled and corded for him and it seems to fit well. Now he's gotta give it a try and see if it works any better than the lovely Fat Cat apron he has been fighting for several months.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
It worked great! MUCH BETTER than the Fat Cat apron. I liked not having something draped across my legs too. My wife didn't mind when she saw what had become of her laundry basket since I replaced it pretty quick!
[signature]
My wife didn't mind when she saw what had become of her laundry basket since I replaced it pretty quick!

[cool][#0000ff]You're smarter than you look.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Maybe you're not telling the whole story. What else did you have to buy for her in order to maintain "awful wedded bliss"?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude]
[cool][#0000ff]You're smarter than you look.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Maybe you're not telling the whole story. What else did you have to buy for her in order to maintain "awful wedded bliss"?[/#0000ff][/quote]

Never been accused of being smart before! She was pretty cool about it. Told her it would result in me bringing home more fish. Don't know if that was a selling point or not!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Son, you're still young enough that you still got a lot to learn about females...and fishing. Don't know which is harder.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]When a women seems to just blow off something it does not mean she has not forgotten it...or will never use it in a future "discussion". In fact, her sudden silence is likely to be just the beginning of plotting her revenge. Sleep with one eye open and always look over your shoulder. You never know when it will happen or where it comes from.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And, whenever she seems to be moody about something...and you ask her what is wrong...beware if she answers "NOTHING"...especially if it is between clenched teeth.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]About the fishing. That also takes a lifetime. But it is more fun and less dangerous.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I think I got soda all over my keyboard!

Thanks for the tips and I will definitely sleep with one eye open. She did mention that she was ready for the catfish to start spawning so she could go catch one from shore. Maybe that is when she exacts her revenge on me. Who knows??!?!?!? [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Beware, beware![:p]
[signature]
What is worse.
Woman or Computers.
Neither one.
For even the slightest chance of succeeding there are three things one must know.
1. What buttons to push.
2.Which order to push them - must be EXACT order.
3. The right time to do both of the above. - to the second.
Now after accomplishing all three it is 50 - 50 that the results will not be a blow -up i.e. the blue screen of death that is the nature of it all.! Me thinketh they where created by the same devil. [frown]
Old enough to know better young enough to not care !
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]And on at least one of the two there is no do over or delete. Whatever we do is forever done...and never forgotten.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[Smile] Ok Ok I have to stick up for the ladies here!!!! Laundry baskets can be do over but A WIFE IS NOT!!!!!!! No Pushing Buttons unless there's kissing up!!!! Chocolate!!!!! New Clothes!!!!! [Smile]
[signature]
Mama , you forgot the JEWELRY. [sly]
[signature]