Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The jordan{city limits fishing}
went to the jordan for an easter day fishing trip. went to a spot thats only ten minutes from my house and was going after hopefully some big channel cats as it warms. got there at around noon and started fishing a piece of wb meat below a split shot and immediatly i hooked up with a 14 inch bullhead, pretty good sized for a mudcat. then immediatly after i let that one go my dad caught one that was abou the same size. hooked into some really big fish that we never saw since they took us right into the reeds, either carp or a big kitty. fished for a few more hours and caught a bunch if Wb and lost count, also pulled a few suckers out aswell. the water is warming on the jordan and the catfish are getting active even though i got skunked on the channel fishing. tightlines
[signature]
Nice! I am hoping the Jordan River warms up soon. I definitely have the itch to catch some white bass.
[signature]
Do the WB in the inner city areas keep gaining weight like those in the main lake?

That is a pretty big bullhead, either way..

I'd like to figure out where to fish in the city , so I can take a nephew on short-notice trips. Do9 you know anything about the lower sections of the Jordan, like in Davis County and Salt Lake County?
[signature]
iwas fishing the jordan from about 8000 south in salt lake to about 4500 south. just look for slack water where fish dont have to fight the current. i actually got a nice sized gill again there yesterday on 4500 south, thats the farthest ive ever got a gill down the jordan. coool spot cause you never know what yuor going to catch, the Sad thing is the suckers that weve been catching are the hardest fighting fish in the river other than a big channel cat. and most of the WB ive got there are about the average size of those in the lake, every fish ive caught has been very healthy.
[signature]