Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mess of kitties
[Image: 529614_2926570445305_1292222959_32255901...3690_n.jpg]

My buddy landed these, and I just thought I would share with all you catfish lovers here. The biggest ones are around 20-25 lbs. These are what you call flatheads and blues - no channels in this picture. Based on my handle, you can guess I am from Alabama. I will be heading back there next June after completing a Master's in Structural Engineering. I just wish we had some bigger kitties here in Utah to chase on a regular basis. Enjoy!!
[signature]
Dude! Awesome [Smile] I lived in Texas for a while and big blues are some of the best memories I have!
[signature]
Holy batman! That's awesome!
[signature]
[center]Noodling?
[/center]

Are the grey ones males? Or are they the blues? I know some folks out here get Confused thinking the males are blues cuz they are - so - blue.

Case in point: (look at those lips!)[inline 07.UgliestCat_MrBlue_6_26.JPG]
They are big blues. I know what you mean out here about the males. I caught my fair share of them last year.
[signature]
So jealous. I need to take me a trip to the south.
[signature]
Great pic, would be a lot of fun. So many trips on the bucket list.
[signature]
That has got to be the ugliest catfish I have ever seen in my life.
[signature]
Males are a silvery color, sometimes they can be pretty dark blue, they have flat wide heads. Females are a real green olive color, and i'm with ya bama thats ugly
[signature]
Don't worry yote I think hes puuurdy haha but really there is something I love about the big beat up nasty lookin grampa kats ... this one really comes to mind when I.think grampa ..
[Image: Joe_13_pound_8_33_inch_Catfish1.jpg]
[Image: Joe_13_pound_8_33_inch_Catfish3-1.jpg]

Then of course during the spawn they get all beat up black and blue heads all.swollen gotta love it
Spawning male.
[Image: 2011-07-23013312.jpg]
[signature]
Nice as always UTCAT :-)
[signature]
Wow that is the Mr. bigglesworth of catfish, hope ya killed that one to get it out of the gene pool[Smile]!
[signature]