Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Gear
Got a new baitcaster before i went down to LP. Really awesome Pfleuger tried mono on it for a while but switched over to 20LB Fireline. The fireline casts extremely smooth. I can cast alot farther with fireline. The only drawback I see is that if you get a snag or catch a huge fish the fireline will bite down on itself and cause a little jerk on the next cast (might cause some backlash, fireline backlash is alot easier to deal with becuase it doesnt get knotted as easily)

Once i started on my first baitcaster (pinnacle ultra balance) I have never wanted to go back to the spinning reel. I really love the control you have and the comfort of a baitcaster. I know there are alot of die hards on the other side of this which is perfectly fine, its all about preference. I cant really say one is better than the other its all about your style and they each have their ups and downs. I do notice that the bait casters cast much further, backlash is a pain though.

Anyway after all the baitcaster is at least worth a try to say the least.

**PS dont even try spiderwire on your baitcaster you'll get a TON of backlashes due to the small diameter, and lightweight. Believe me I tried**
[signature]