Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 10/13/03 (Report)
Wiperslayer and I fished Willard from 3pm until a little after 6:30pm. We started trolling from the S/w corner and trolled to the light pole before we caught our first wiper, water temp was 58 degree. We trolled along the north dike until we were halfway up it then we caught our second wiper, a fat 18 incher . We continued trolling to the north marina, then decided to check out a boat we saw in the S/E corner. A couple of guys were trolling in a 14 ft aluim boat and they said they had caught one but the water was so murky that did not surprise me. No surface activity, few if any birds were diving, so we decided to check out the south marina. I got a picture of it and one of the wipers we caught, I'll post it later. I think the water is a little too murky for any boils and it makes it had for those wipers to find the lures. We saw Neveronsunday as we were about to launch, he said he was checking out the area to launch his boat, good seeing you again NOS. WH2
[signature]
Hey at least you guys got a couple,it must be that murky water??M.H.
[signature]
Yea, that is the only thing I can come up with. Here is the picture of the 18 inch wiper and the South marina but it is hard to see, we could not get any closer because the water was so shallow. WH2
[signature]
[#ff0000]Good to see you yesterday. I didn't know that was wiperslayer with you. You still caught twice as many fish in less than half the time as me last time! When I talked to the lady at the guard shack on the way in she said there were some crazy folks that just went in with a boat to big to launch and was waiting for the call to get a tow truck. She said a lot of people had been getting stuck. I was glad I bumped into you when I did; didn't look that crazy to me. That wet clay looked pretty firm as long as you stayed to the one side. [/#ff0000]
[signature]
No algae bloom we could see just real muddy, the north dike was a little clearer but not much. A week ago Sunday, the water was clear, at least for Willard and the catching was a lot better. WH2
[signature]
Is the water coming up WH2.Maybe thats why its murky.Them wipers look like there nice and healthy.are you seeing alot of shad.What did you catch your wipers on.

Tight Lines

Tony[cool]
[signature]
We had some wind this last weekend. Wind + shallow water = murk
[signature]
There is a chance that the water has come up a little but not much, we noticed that the beach by the light pole is smaller than the last time we were there but I'm sure the wind is the reason the lake is so murky. When we were at full speed every once and a while a small shad would jump beside the boat and the fish finder was showing shad all over the place but I'm sure you saw that for yourself. We caught one wiper on a producer and the second wiper was caught on a double jig, Muskyhunter special. WH2
[signature]