Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
utah lake carp bounty
it would be the same price either way........ either way carp that are out of the lake are carp out of the lake, which is exactly why they held the carp tourney a while back, it was geared towards removing carp, not just for fun.
[signature]
with 2080 work hour in a standard work year and a 3 million lbs in a carp to catch that is just over 1400 lbs an hour your tellin me i well never catch 1400 lbs of carp in my life you just wrong and no there is no way the average angler could compete with this rate but why not put the incentive out there for who ever wants to try and get a few dollars for doing what they love to do any how is it wrong to want to see the average person make some pocket change its not like we would cut into his mega million dollar deal so he lose a few bucks to the little guy so what
[signature]
It would cost more in paper work, hassle, inconvenience, fish slime all over and headache than it would be worth. The Loys target them year round. Through the ice, before, during, and after the spawn. Nope, you'll never make a dent in the population no matter how many you catch. How 'bout we leave this to the professionals. [crazy]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]For what it's worth, myself and others have suggested setting up a small bounty on Utah Lake carp...and having state sponsored contests, etc. The Sad reality is that they do not have the funding on a local level...or national level...either to pay for the dead carp or the personnel to oversee the program. The other (big) problem is that there would have to be a central depository to bring the dead fish for disposal...and someone would have to cart them off to landfill or a farmer's field or whatever. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Easy for us. We just kill carp. But to get paid and to dispose of the bodies takes people and money that is not budgeted...and is not likely to be put ahead of other "more worthy" projects.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]ANN...another nice notion.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

[signature]
Clicked on this thread...thought...neat I wanna play, then I realized it was a theoretical...BOOOOOO!
[signature]
Dunno if this is legal or not but it's fun. Whenever I see a bunch of carp doofing around on the surface I try to run my boat through them flat out. I get a sinister sense of satisfaction when I feel that telltale thump. Think my best to date was six thumps in one pass just north of Pelican Pt. Could this count if a bounty ever comes about?
[signature]
[quote CoyoteSpinner][/quote]

not sure what to say to that?

where ya headed with this?

i do plane on cashing in on some coyote bountys this year tho.. that one i can get behind.. we can make a diffrence with them... they dont even have to pay me i shoot them just for the fun of it!! [sly][sly]
[signature]
[quote Stumped]

No.

If I have to pay to remove these then I deserve a vote in the process. I choose to pay the people paying for the program instead of enriching your friend. I'm sorry you hate democracy.[/quote]

You had your vote for the people making the decisions. Voting on every decision they make is not a reasonable request.
[signature]
It was my understanding that along with the loys they would open another small portion to the general public, i of course agree that they NEED to be out there, and no matter how ridiculous it may seem i still think it'd be cool to be able to be paid to take carp out. I misunderstood the topic Smile
[signature]
[quote fuzzyfisher]we can make a diffrence with them...[/quote]

LOL @ how easily the masses get sold... Go on... kill them... that's just what the population needs to disrupt natural patterns... you'll cause a coyote explosion... GEEERATE!!!

All to subsidize your buddies... this time crony capitalism comes back to bite, no eat, your friends sheep herd.
[signature]
your Right there well be a explosion! when i hit them with a varmaggedon 223 round.. [sly]
[signature]
+1. 55 gr ballistic tips cause a nice explosion as well
[signature]